Re: Second Trailer For A Nightmare On Elm Street Remake

OOOOKaaayyyy....

Great!

I liked the second trailer, I just hope they actually reworked his voice, because I was impressed with the line "Why are you screaming? I haven't even cut you yet.." But his voice is still iffy.. Some cool distortion would be in order, like in the original his pitch would shift and make it even creepier..

Some subtle distortion would be nice (like adding a a 20Hz or so tone to it), but if they go with it they'll blow it in normal Hollywood style and make it seem silly.  But I like the idea.

One Bad Seed wrote:

Also agree on the voice - and make-up?!

Read the script, and my only 'complaint' which is evident in the new trailer, is the amount (a lot!) of these 'oh I'm dreaming - Freddy Strikes - and then I wake up to real life...' scenarios. And I mean, there's A LOT of these in the script. Enough where it became tedious.

Will see though.

where can you read the script at??

and my opinion.. it started out with the everly brothers.. i knew it would be an awesome trailer.. and im really excited about this remake. it was my first REAL horror film when i was 11. and still my favorite.

a bunch of people keep saying to me stuff like no ones freddy but robert englund. and to be honest.. im glad robert englund isnt freddy. hes 63 and still would play the best freddy because he is and always was freddy... but over the years (probably around 'New Nightmare') freddy became a goofy pedo killer and rather than fear him like in the originals most viewers laugh at his jokes and he turned into a horror comedy rather than a horror character. they needed to mix it up and instill fear on viewers again. im more than excited and ill be in theaters the second its released.

I never trust leaked scripts.