Topic: What's The Last GREAT Horror DVD You Bought or Saw?

I have to be honest guys I haven't seen anything truly worthwhile for what seems like ages and after reading the review of Triangle (which sound really good) I was wondering what people bought or were watching.

I hated Paranormal Activity which was my last blind purchase I regret. I did just pick up a previewed copy of "Carriers" from Blockbuster after reading some good things. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

So any suggestions? I did see Saw VI in the theaters plan on picking that up sometime as it is one of my guilty pleasures.

Re: What's The Last GREAT Horror DVD You Bought or Saw?

GREAT......well some movies lately have had that effect....Let The Right One In, The Orphanage, Pontypool, Zombieland, and if you consider it horror, District 9

Let the Right One In is one of my all time faves (shudder at the thought of that remake) Oh, how could I forget Zombieland...that looked good and funny,

Pontypool and Grace. Both movies completely took me by surprise, esp the finale of both. So these are the best I have seen in some time.

I buy movies all the time but I would consider most of them to be really cheesy b movies. So I guess the last movies I bought that I consider to be great would be Martyrs and Let the Right One In.

I LOVE Laid To Rest cool

Drag Me TO Hell

just bought The Grudge for 4 dollars at Wal-Mart .. haven't seen it yet but I just know it'll be good or so I hope lol! Also just watched The Uninvited earlier tonight with my cousin since she ordered it on Netflix and it turned out to be pretty good. big_smile

Dead Snow.

I was going to pick-up whiteout, but decided not to and randomly saw Dead Snow on the shelf so I though, meh I will get it. Turns out, much much much better than whiteout.

It's not a movie......but Left 4 Dead 2 has been a great way to spend my off hours lately. Maybe not much for a story, but it definitely has all the great zombie slaying action and adrenaline fueled moments a horror junkie could ask for.

JoeTerror wrote:

Let the Right One In is one of my all time faves (shudder at the thought of that remake) Oh, how could I forget Zombieland...that looked good and funny,

I can't imagine two American kids taking on those parts, of the young boy and vampire girl.  I think the film is best left untouched.

The last one I saw was Baby Blues.......awesome flick!!!!

Orphan...impressed the hell outta me AND creeped me out for life  tongue

I'm not into a lot of the new horror stuff that comes out so most of my horror DVD purchases are of older flicks.  For instance: my most recent pick up was the very underrated Dead & Buried.  Great little flick.  The extras include interviews with Robert Englund and the late, great and never-to-be-forgotten Stan Winston and his fondness for his early work on the flick.

I have to check out Dead Snow. Not a huge zombie person but seems to be a favorite. Anyone see Farmhouse? I keep seeing things about that. The only one I've really wanted to see is the Collector.

Oh, I tried watching the Gate the other night, OMG! I remember liking it when I was little and couldn't get over how bad it was. LOL! Sooo cheesy.

Found a great sale...

Dead Zone
Dawn of the Dead
Carrie
Amityville Horror
TCM
Frailty
The Thing

All for $4 each:D

OMG! Zombieland rocks! Not so much horror but some good zombies and the dialogue is excellent! A cameo appearance too had me rolling on the floor! I've watched it 2 days in a row now and could watch a third time! Excellent!