Re: Playstation 3 reduction :(

it might be badass for a zelda swordfight, though

solstic wrote:

Skip backward comp with the GC on the Wii. That system is going to play NES, Super NES, N64, Genesis, Turbo Graphics... and who knows they might even add more of the old school systems before launch.

You gotta be kidding. How is it going to manage that? by buying console addons to play the other games on it?

I believe all titles will be available via download.

As for the controller, I remember seeing the N64 controller thinking Nintendo lost its mind and look at gaming today. Don't be afraid of the goofy controllers, it is the next evolution in gaming. Hell PS3 has alreay decided to start copying it.

Well they actually do have a regular controller as well.. It looks alot like the Super NES controller.. Oh yea and the launch and price has been announced for Wii Nov. 19th for $249.99

Still more then half the cost of the premium and standard edition of the PS3 and almost half the cost of the 360. Still looks good to me.

Looks good to me too

I just don't understand why they are releasing it on a Sunday. That is going to be some kind of nasty crowd to be in.

Yea not to mention it comes packaged with a game as well.. Wii Sports. Sounds like the perfect game to introduce people to the new controller..

When was the last time a game came with a system at launch? Nintendo knows how to do it right. *remembers Super Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt bundle*

Yea I think it hasn't happened since Super Nintendo was bundled with Super Mario Bros...

Good to see they are trying to bring it back. Maybe the others will notice and start doing it also... yeah right.