Topic: Halloween II DVD Details

I dunno about many of you, but I enjoyed Rob Zombie's Halloween II.  Thought it was certainly one of the more unique entries into the franchise.  Looking at Zombie's initial remake, I enjoyed his 'Director's Cut' a lot more than the theatri...

Read More : Halloween II DVD Details

Re: Halloween II DVD Details

I know a lot of people hated this, but I'm looking forward to its release.

As am I.
I really enjoyed Robs take on the Michael Myers character. I noticed that mostly, all the people who dont like it are still just hung up on the fact that its not John Carpenters vision.

Ill definitely be getting both the theatrical AND directors cut... and if a 2 or 3 disc comes out, Ill get that too. Im a die hard. What can I say?

I don't think that three disc Halloween was really worth it. I enjoyed H2 so this will be in my collection but it might like the first one where I buy both copies of film because I did not like that rape scene, it played no serious part in the film and didn't belong.

I was upset about the last Halloween release on DVD because after I bought the two disc special edition, he released the three disc with that long documentary on it.  I love documentaries.  Luckily, when I bought it on Blu Ray, that was on there.  I really, really enjoyed this one and will probably buy it when it comes out, but I'm really looking forward to later next year or early 2011 when he releases the good version

I'm buying the rated version. I hated the Halloween remake directors cut.

I really prefer the directors cut of Robs first Halloween EXCEPT for the rape scene. I liked everything else but the rape scene, as was said before, was completely unnecessary. I always skip that scene because all it adds to the film is a nauseous feeling.

Not actually sure how I feel on this. I wasn't keen on the first but more so because it didn't entertain as I was hoping it would and never really got beneath my skin, yet I could see a lot of promise so kind of caught. I won't buy but there is a good chance I will rent this, to see how it turns out. Might be pleasantly surprised, def. not ruled out yet. smile

At the same time I might rent the first one again see if my opinion has changed any, I think Zombie is a good director and he's shown that prior, so might be time to dust the old cobwebs and re watch them. Have a feeling my opinion on them now might be slightly different.

Wow, more that 30 extra minutes of torturous, sleazy and purely comtemptuous filmmaking.  After watching this I was convinvced that Rob Zombie truly hates his audience.

Any word on when this is getting released to dvd?

I'm buying the director's cut. however, I can honestly say I'm dissapointed from the features department but i'm not gonna complain so i'll just stop here and say can't wait 2 buy the unrated director's cut!

The Featuers are lacking on the Blu-Ray also but it is still a great film big_smile