Topic: 'Mini' DVD Competition for Hm.ca!

Want a chance to win some free DVDs? Want to work that brain out a little? Want fun...? Well that might not happen LOL, but maybe tongue

This is NOT the main surprise I need to point out but a little mini contest for everyone on HM. It's in three parts and the first part begins tonight.

Anyone can be a winner and yes it could be you. It is running from 6/03/10 to 23/03/10 in order to give others a chance to stake their claim, the competition will be running as of now, 6th March to the 23rd of March when the winner, runner up and 2nd runner up will be announced and then  duly sent out the DVDs.

The DVD Prizes are as follows:

(all of which are new as well)-

Winner:
- Mum & Dad
- Outpost
- The Devil's Chair
- Slither

Runner Up:

- Special Edition (of) Misery
- Gone

and

2nd Runner Up:

-Knock Knock

Please be aware these DVDs are all Region 2, so if you have no discernable way to watch them I am sorry but I don't want you to get something you cannot watch so yes they are REGION 2. Thanks everyone!

There are not many rules but a few as follows:

You need to have a toetag count of at least 50 and same goes for posts.
As long as you are legit, you can enter. Everyone from the editorial writers, to the mods all the way to the members on HM are legible and can take part
Whilst the thread can go off topic now and again, please try and stick to the competition. I don't mind funny business LOL but remember this is a contest wink

No MOANING! No complaining! No belittling the thread thank you.

DISCLAIMER: Hm.ca are not responsible in any way or format for this contest. If things were to go wrong, I am liable and if you have questions ask me. I will be more than willing to answer.

In some ways this is a gentle warm up to the main event, but it's no way lessen compared to what I have in store. I just hope you all have a good time with this wink

Bottom line? This is a fair competition and to make it fair I am enlisting the help of some people who have no acknowledgement of the site so that the final decision is not in my hands alone, everyone has a chance to win, everyone (except of course for spammers). The final thought, just have fun. Despite the rules don't feel hampered and enjoy yourself. I want this to be fun and given that it is running for quite a period I would love you all to have a good, honest time.

May the force be with you all!

CONTEST No.1:

This one is fairly easy but it involves some creativity, try and be as serious as you can guys. Anyone who is entering from this point on, I am giving a week for everyone to write a short 3 paragraph HORROR story (no more than 10 lines per paragraph) with a twist in the tale. It can be funny, it can be horrific, it can be gory, it can be strange but make it interesting. The one deemed the most creative will win. Spelling mistakes don't matter any, just have fun with whatever you do!

Good luck everyone and thanks for taking the time to read all this big_smile

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2010-03-06 11:40:54)

Re: 'Mini' DVD Competition for Hm.ca!

You're a doll, thanks hun wink xoxo

I would love to compete but my blu ray player and xbox are not region 2 compatible.....but best of luck to everyone

I'm sorry it's not region 1 hun, really am. This was the only problem I had. Thanks for responding hun as well, the follow up WILL have something in region 1 btw and I plan to make it something decent. How are you Garden hun? smile

I can play region 2,however I'm about as creative as a doorstop.:lol:

Looking forward to trying to write this big_smile

it doesn't matter sweets lol just anything you can think of is fine. i don't need a writer just have fun, that's all i care about wink

i'll have a go,as soon as  i can, but i've got something else to do on here, it's nearly ready.:)great idea BTK , i hope it goes well, i'm sure it will.xx

I know you have something you need to do Wolfy, so no probs hun but remember the first part of this runs for a week, so there's plenty of time, no need to rush hence why I made it a sticky. It's going to be going for a while, without the sticky, it might have disappeared and it needs time to get up and running but thanks Wolfy darl' wink

Love ya hun and I hope it does ok too. smile

I cant enter.  I can't play Region 2.. but good luck to everyone who enters !!!  big_smile

What does Region 2 mean?

To everyone who says they cannot use Region 2 dvd's can I say just one lil thing:

Your PC/ Laptop's can play region 2 as well. tongue I hope lol unless your laptop/ PC does not have a CD drive. So you guys can still enter.

Little note of this: a lot of you have stated you don't have region free/ region 2 dvds, if you can within the next few months see if you can rectify that, not trying to annoy you guys LOL but I have something big waiting for someone on HM and I would regions not to mar the experience. Trust me I want you all to be able to have a proactive chance on the boards.

Now back to normal discussion smile

Region 2 means english dvds but if you have a working laptop/ compter with a cd drive, it doesn't stop you from watching the film just to clarify as computers don't by the regions of where a DVD comes from. I think... again... lol you all manage to confuse me so well tongue lol  smile

Ok thanks, and we just post our stories on this thread?

Correct smile it can via PM or on the thread, it makes no never mind as long as it's in fun. Thanks for listening to me prattle on Demonic  wink lol

And this is only contest 1, the one next week is easier and hopefully a little funnier big_smile

lol Cool, thanks BTK smile

I have a region 2 player but I'm not interested so I'm gonna pass. Good luck to whoever plays smile

I have my story finished, I just need to type it up and I'll send it you BTK

I might enter when i have some more energy, Outpost and Slither are badass!

Like I said plenty of time guys, no worry wink and you are a quick worker Demonic! tongue

lol I needed something to do tonight anyways so that was the perfect thing to keep me busy.  It's not very good but hey it kept me occupied. tongue

Like I said doesn't need to be shakespearian just enjoyable wink and thanks hun. Will keep it stored until others get in, then read them all thoroughly. Then > phase 2.

Actually glad I did this... there were some tweaks I hadn't figured on that I need to sort before I do the main event. But thanks for submitting it Demonic hun, you're a star wink

Thanks, no problem. smile

You couldn't have had this comp when I was in High School and used to write horror stories everyday?!?!?! tongue Hmmm will have to see if I can find any of them... I lost my creativity quite a few years ago