Topic: .

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2011-05-02 22:26:41)

Re: .

i have no major tips to give. All I can say is even though it's mindless bit of entertainment, keep the dialogue good. I've seen some movies buckle because the dialogue is so cheap and uninventive. Keep it simple, clean but refreshing smile and for the score? Just play around. Use different music, try different styles, eventually you are bound to find a certain type that jumps out at you.

Mostly though I just want to say good luck pR1m hun. It sounds like a fantastic little idea. I don't think there are enough sasquatch/ horror films, far too few in my opinion, and therefore it's nice to see you going in this direction. I hope it all goes well and like Sussy.. etc.. keep us updated on the movie. This sounds like a fantastic little idea and looking forward to what you bring to the table. But I wish you all the best either way hun wink

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2011-05-02 22:26:49)

Glad you mentioned it. It seems a lot of our members are starting to voice ideas for their own movies and I say, VIVA LA INDIE! But like I said, I hope you manage to get the idea off the ground. There's not enough sasquatch films and certainly not enough good ones, you might change that tide. Really looking forward to seeing where you run with the idea since you have planned this smartly and taken time smile

Really looking forward to hearing more info on this big_smile

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2011-05-02 22:26:57)

Good Luck pR1m. smile I hope everything turns out well for you. As for the Sasquatch suit, just try make him look diffrerent than most other bigfoots. Make him look aggresive and nasty.

Good luck buddy! Hope your films turns out badass! And as Suspira said, make your sasquatch look repulsive. big_smile

Take your time..planning planning planning and more planning. Find an athlete for your Bigfoot and think safety and camera angles and lighting. Less is more//Love the Gore hee hee I just made that saying up!!
Have fun big_smile

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2011-05-02 22:27:07)

Let's make life easy for you wink
Go here and adapt as necessary smile

Sounds like fun prime. Make the suit as lightweight as possible. As for being 8' tall, you may want to consider 7' as this will seem menacing enough against actors who are usually around the 5'8" average.

I say this because with any type of stilts to boost the actor up, (who must be in good shape and around 6' to handle it) will have to function properly in the case of any running or heavy action.

Also, think about the awkward look an 8' monster would have with normal length arms. (unless they're longer than normal like mine) or maybe some type of arm extension.

Maybe you could rig a couple of those plastic toy arms that have movement from a grip that you pull.

Again though, the main objective I'd say is keep the suit lightweight.

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2011-05-02 22:27:17)

You can probably find instructions for arm extensions on instructables too wink

Exactly, camera angles can make someone look very tall. And uh, I know a physically fit 6'2" actor who could pull it off. big_smile

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2011-05-02 22:27:27)

Just remember..  keeping the creature in shadows and some night tent scenes with the actors "hearing" the sasquatch howls ( ala' Blair witch )   could be VERY suspensful !!!

MistressOf Horror wrote:

Just remember..  keeping the creature in shadows and some night tent scenes with the actors "hearing" the sasquatch howls ( ala' Blair witch )   could be VERY suspensful !!!

I was thinking the same thing. Not showing him at all can be very creepy if you have some good creepy sounds(twigs snapping, scratching noises, strange howls) and a scary score. Kind of like blair witch and jaws.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2010-02-16 01:35:01)

a shadow within a shadow.

Of what I read from what you originally posted Prim, the stilts would be the only possible bad spot.  You filming a horror movie it will no doubt have running.  Getting to find someone who can run naturally in stilts.....with a heavy costume on....in the woods is going to be a hard task.  With what you described to me, scenery is going to be your strong spot here.  A beautiful mountain, lake and woods combo means you can create this Utopian feel and make it feel empty all at once.  Just Sasquatch and the woods.  Won't be so pretty after that and it's perfect.  False hope so it's called. 

Is Sasquatch a missing link in human evolution?  Is he a hairy dude from outer space?  Or do you want to go ahead and keep the monster a myth?  Unexplained answers can sometimes piss off a viewer but someone like me, I love it.  What makes Sasquatch so interesting is that we don't know much about him or even if he exists yet we're thirsty for more.  I think addressing that would be a cool dialogue setup for our non-Sasquatch characters. 

I'm totally excited that we finally get some Sasquatch movies so please keep us all updated.  Great work, man!

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2011-05-02 22:27:40)

Very cool, well please keep us updated because you seem to have thought through most the aspects so best of luck!

I'd really like to see this film get completed as it looks like an interesting project. It's also cool hat you are doing a Sasquatch film for low budget horror. I love the low budget zombie and vamp films but its great when someone tries pulling off some big ideas on a  small budget. It's always good when the indie guy can stick i to the higher budget new wave of horror crap fests.
Good luck.