Topic: Spiderbaby

Has anyone watch this great littl flick? Black and White and the atmosphere is great, shows off a young Sid Haig too.
I want to find it, to own it. I watched it online (you tube) a while back. Thoughts?

Re: Spiderbaby

I haven't seen it before but given your glowing feelings toward the movie, definitely compelled to check it out. Thanks hun smile

I'll be on the look for it as well!

yes, i like this film, great little horror tale it turned up on one of the sky channels a while ago ( zone horror i think) and they only showed it  a couple of  times. Directed by Jack Hill and made in 1964 , it is an odd film, funny and brutal in places, a couple of surprising scenes for it's time.Great performance from Lon Chaney jnr, and he even sings over the end credits!

I'll have to check this one out!!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-cool04.gif

I haven't seen it but I was looking for it after I saw it on a t-shirt a while back.
They have it on ebay (uk version) starting from about £5 but they're all shipping from the US so postage on ebay.com should be much cheaper for you.  smile

big_smile

I love Spiderbaby, for the time that type of satirical black humor was still pretty rare, especially in horror.
I've always felt that it might have inspired The Texas Chain Saw Massacre to a small degree, too, but maybe that's just me LOL

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2010-03-09 19:09:14)

Might find this at Best Buy next time i go!!

Pretty cool little movie. Definitely ahead of it's time for 1964. Jack Hill is definitely a director worth remembering. Plus it was one of Sid Haig's first roles and he was really good in it!

deadhorse13 wrote:

I love Spiderbaby, for the time that type of satirical black humor was still pretty rare, especially in horror.
I've always felt that it might have inspired The Texas Chain Saw Massacre to a small degree, too, but maybe that's just me LOL

Nope, not just you. I caught the influence this movie had on Texas Chainsaw Massacre as well!

I love this movie