Re: Ichi the Killer

Never saw the anime. only ichi-1, not a bad prequel, but if you liked ichi, you know basically what to expect.

I love Ichi the Killer but I never liked the Ichi: One. It was like shot in live action to me.

I can understand people being bored with movies, it happens and everyone's interests are different.  But i am shock no one here said that audition was boring.  the only reason I even heard of the movie was because of the final scene in it, so the first hour and a half i was bored as sin. 

Of course being bored doesn't mean that it wasn't a good film, I just knew everything about it and therefore the end wasn't shocking at all.

Loved Ichi though, it was so surreal and over the top ridiculous to the point where the story doesn't even matter anymore.  It was a fun ride

It really is my favorite movie of all time, and thats something coming from a Media student with the amount of films i watch. Theres just something about the way its made which means i can watch it over and over. There is some poor editing and effects but otherwise, it's a very well put - together film! And i totally agree with Massacre's comment about the title sequence, it was incredible! Different....and very alternative ^__^

i finally finished watching Ichi the Killer last night (it took me a couple tries to get through it) and i thought it was just ok, good gore to me is more than just piles of guts laying on the floor and blood flying around, and i agree that the story was a little boring and slow.   But i can't say i completely hated it there were a few parts that i enjoyed and i liked the Kakihara charater.  Ichi was not what i expected but crying aside he was a cool character.....oh and i also like the "mini" Hulk guy  lol

i loved it, i thought it was a crazy surreal experience

How can anybody be bored when watching this?I am completely dumbfounded anyway,its a sick,brutal.and twisted horror with crazy storyline to boot what more do you want in a movie?I thoroughly enjoyed this from start to finish.

Ichi the Killer is awesome, but Gozu, Audition and Dead or Alive are better. But I really like all Takashi Miike's films! He's awesome! smile

Awesomely sick and twisted delightfully tasty treat of a horror flick.

Last edited by starkravingmad (2010-03-17 16:44:58)

i thought ichi the killer everything except Ichi
i just wanted Kakihara to just beat the snot out of him

^^^^Hehehe,I would agree with you there^^^^^^^

Only seen a little of it. I borrowed it and had to give it back before I could finish. It was pretty graphic , the anime was more so though. I wouldn't say it was boring (whoever said that) I've not had chance to see much of Miikes movies. I used to be a huge fan of Anime and I'm trying to get back into Asian cinema