Topic: The Departed

This word is too often used but with this movie it deserves the honor of being called a classic.Martin Scorcese masterfully directs this tale of corruption,honor,friendship,and of family.Superior writing here,thats only skimminng the surface of this most brillant of movies.Leonardo DiCaprio,Matt Damon,Jack Nicholson take acting to a level that has to be seen to be believed,tour de force performances all the way for these three actors.Mark Wahlberg is a marvel to watch in his wiscracking role,and even Martin Sheen and Alec Baldwin deliver solid performances.

What is all your thoughts on this classic?

Re: The Departed

Awesome film!! big_smile
One of my favorites. If I were to list my top 100 favorites films (which I won't do, LOL) this film would be on the list.

LOL. A top 100 list scares me too.

It would be very difficult making one, that's for sure. But I believe there is a thread out there on this site where you can list your top 200 films! LOL.

I don want know about a top 200 list..........thats a nightmare in itself.

^^LOL.

Jack Nicholson was great in this film. In fact, all the actors in The Departed were great. Loved the scene where Nicholson takes out a bloody hand from a plastic zip lock bag and quotes John Lennon. lol

One of the greatest films I have seen in my entire life !

The Creature wrote:

^^LOL.

Jack Nicholson was great in this film. In fact, all the actors in The Departed were great. Loved the scene where Nicholson takes out a bloody hand from a plastic zip lock bag and quotes John Lennon. lol

LOL WITH LOL ON TOP OF THAT.Fantastic scene lol again just thinkin about it.

^^^lol.     Lol? :d

Last edited by The Creature (2010-03-23 13:30:17)

love this film

and usualy alec baldwin annoyes the shit outta me - but he killed it in this role with marky mark - well funny

tis a classic film indeed

TWO SOARING THUMBS UP!!! for the MOVIE AND for ZOMBIES comments.