Topic: Dark Tower

Looks like they are making a Stephen Kings' Dark Tower movie

http://www.darktowermovies.com/20080903 … g-in-2011/

Re: Dark Tower

Actually JJ Abrams just said last week that he's decided not to do the Dark Tower since he said it would be way too complicated to pull off and time consuming.  And as far as I know he was the only one that had King's blessing to do the movie, so it doesn't look like it will get made anytime soon.

I love the Dark Tower books, I have no idea how they'd ever work in movie format...and in a big way...I hope it never gets done. Roland and his crew are perfectly fine living and breathing in my imagination.

Peter Jackson.

Itll never happen!

It does look good, But I have to agree with LadyZ, If it does happen, I'll be suprised.

Interesting.
Haven't read any of the books though.
But interesting.

I agree that it would be hard to pull off a good version. Who ever directed it would have to be a true visionary. I have read the books and enjoyed them all, and what a shame it would be to ruin it.      I would  though like to see his story " The long Walk," made into a movie.

Anything is possible with a high enough budget. Abrams could pull it off.

I agree. it would be interesting to see if they could pull this off and how the quality fares

Yes...we have the technology. And having a big budget makes all things possible these days. I just can't see this being done properly. Maybe if, P. Jackson directed it, as pointed out by, fredgarvin? This comes from a guy who once said " Avatar won't make it's budget back.":rolleyes: