Topic: Gonna Get You Sucka - or something similar...

I watched a fantastic 1988 blacksploitation spoof last night, and while it isn't mainstream or upcoming, I just felt like asking if you had seen it. It's title was "Gonna get you sucka" or something similar, and was just genuinely funny, Naked Gun style.

I absolutely loathed the blacksploitation films, everytime I saw blackula I rolled my eyes at least 60 times, but since the movie is a spoof and was pretty much "in" all the time, it was fantastic.

Favourite scene being where one of our main character puts around 25 guns holstered on his body, then places a jacket over them, and hoists up two gigantic rifles.
"Got enough?"
"You can, NEVER, have enough."
As soon as he gets outside, after a little trip, he manages to shoot himself to death in a great stupid death.

Anyone ever happen across this movie or a similar one?

Re: Gonna Get You Sucka - or something similar...

the name really rings a bell I am sure I saw it but cant place it yet.

I think one of the main good guys in the movie played "The Duke" in Escape From New York.

Im gonna git you sucka. I actually have the DVD, it is a great movie.

Shablam! Thank you, now I can go and make another pointless DVD buy wink

Cheers again.

I've seen the movie on the shelves but I have never seen it.. I actually thought it looked more recent than 1988.. I'll have to check it out..

I would really recommend it if you like spoof type movies. I actually watched it a couple of months ago, because in Date Movie (avoid like the plague) there is a scene where a stunt double comes in and is obviously not the same person. This was about the only thing in the movie that made me laugh, probably because it had already been done in Im Gonna Git You Sucka, where it is hilarous. So that scene made me want to go watch IGGYS and also so I could remind myself what a real comedy is.

In Big Train (a sketch show), it has that same moment, and I thought it was just blatantly by accident, turns out Simon Pegg saw this movie and used it, funny homage fact.

And Date Movie, I went, I saw, I left after half an hour.