Re: What book do you re-read?

Speaking about the books, I have read The Perks of Being a Wallflower a few times.

Speaking of Buffy...I have to keep this short because I am in class and should pay attention!
I LOVE Buffy! It is amazing and I think it grew because of my love for SMG, my favourite actress ever smile
I totally disagree that the show went on too long, I wouldn't have liked it to end at The Gift either. we got some amazing episodes in the next two seasons.

Life Serial
Once More With Feeling
Tabula Rasa
Normal Again
Villains
Grave
Same Time Same Place
Help
Him
Conversations with Dead People
Chosen

And those are just some of the great episodes we got after!
I could never dislike a season of Buffy, BUT if I had to choose my least favourite I would actually say Season 1, usually the first season of any show to me is not as good as the rest of the show because after that the characters are more developed and the audience knows them better plus the storyline can get moving more. Specifically for Buffy, season one was the most campy, I mean the whole show was campy in some respects thats what made it even more fun, but season one was the least fun to watch IMO, however it is still amazing big_smile

Most of them.  Except textbooks and tech books- I use them as reference materials afterwards. 

I once experimented with an old "Choose Your Adventure" book way back.  I started at the last page, then flipped forward a semi-random (meaning not right to the beginning) page, then made a choice.  After I went to the chosen page, I would flip back (or forward, depending on the area of the book), and then make another choice.  Repeat for a while.  Half the time the stories ended up being fairly neat, if completely disjointed, but when has that stopped TV or Hollywood?

Steppenwolf - by Hermann Hesse

It is a book that takes on different meanings at different stages and ages in your life. I read it once ever 4 or 5 years. Since I was 16. I'll be 33 this year and the book really does change with age. Or at least your perception of it does.

I'm going to check out Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite.  Thanks for the recommendation!

I plan to re-read Dean Koontz' Velocity.
Also, if you really want to read something twisted, read the first story-within-a-story in the book Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk (it's called "Guts").  Then, if you read the author's afterword, he talks about how he would read that aloud at book signings and stuff and people would literally pass out because of how disturbing it is. 
READ IT, it's crazy!

battlefield earth

Lately, it has been The Historian: very nice read.  smile

The Hellbound Heart
IT

LordByron wrote:

Lately, it has been The Historian: very nice read.  smile

A friend had me barrow that it was a good read.

lindsay81 wrote:

I'm going to check out Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite.  Thanks for the recommendation!

I plan to re-read Dean Koontz' Velocity.
Also, if you really want to read something twisted, read the first story-within-a-story in the book Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk (it's called "Guts").  Then, if you read the author's afterword, he talks about how he would read that aloud at book signings and stuff and people would literally pass out because of how disturbing it is. 
READ IT, it's crazy!

Guts is very disturbing, indeed! But also hilarious!

The Catcher in the Rye and Pet Sematary cool

Jonathan Livingson Seagull

My favorite book of all times and a must read for booklovers!

Its about a seagull out of the ordinary .

mainlo wrote:

Jonathan Livingson Seagull

My favorite book of all times and a must read for booklovers!

Its about a seagull out of the ordinary .

yeah, amazing book) i read it last year

all my bruno and boots books from gordon korman. they are just hilarious.

Stephen King's short story, "The Mist" I have re-read four times!

Anna_Esseker wrote:

The Catcher in the Rye and Pet Sematary cool

I've read Pet Semetary three times! Great book!

The Shining,Kiss The Girls,and Hellbound Heart are the only ones I know of that I have re-read.

i have not read a book in 20 years. seriously iget bored after 1 chapter

Playboy.  But only for the articles.

I've re-read Battle Royale several times.  A great movie but an even more incredible book!

Midnight Embrace by Amanda Ashley. Sad but true.

Two of Robert McCammon's books, They Thirst, and Swan Song are two of my favorites to re-read every year.  The Vampire Chronicles are a big favorite as well.

I read Haunted by Chuck P. a couple of times, but I think the second one was to make sure that book was as disturbing as I thought it was.  It was.  Creeped me the hell out, every time I think I'll read it again, I get the creeps all over again and put it off.

It
Alice in wonderland & looking glass(I give he finger to burton and depp)
this encyclopedia of mythology i have, mostly the classic

Shutter Island.  Even thought I know the big ending, it was a really good read.  Plus, I want to try and catch the clues I missed the first time around.

Not so much a novel but I've reread Boy by Roald Dahl, about five/ six times. I love how he describes his life, he has this infectious humour that carried through to his own childhood and BOY really draws me in smile

My side of the mountain. my fav as a kid