Topic: John Skipp what a writer!!

So there I was out of Keene to read and between Laymon's hungering for a good horror read. Boy did I find it...John Skipp dubbed "Splatterpunk" writer gave it to me good in The Long Last Call...originally written as a screenplay, he laid out the film, but no one would hire him as he was a first time director. So he wrote the novel, so we could experience the drama/Horror. I really like his writing, smooth like a fine bourbon with a firey kick to the brain wink
The Long Last Call...It was closing time at the strip club. The bartender was cleaning up, and the girls were looking forward to calling it a night. Then HE cam in, a well dressed stranger with a lot of cash to spend. A briefcase full in fact. But this is no normal customer, and his money is a bit unusual too. Every dollar he spends stirs up a bit more hatred, a little more repressed rage in whoever he gives it to. As the night passes, the pressure builds and builds andthe stranger just smiles. He knows what will come. He knows he only has to wait to see all of his blood drenched plans fulfilled.
Excellent read!! cool

Re: John Skipp what a writer!!

ahhh, greedy, murdering (fingers crossed) strippers....sounds wonderful.  wink

Re: John Skipp what a writer!!

Skipp rocks!  Easily in my top 5 or 6 horror writers for sure!
The Long Last Call was great, read it during a flight a year or so back big_smile
His work with splat-bud Spector are all must reads, as well as the Splatterpunk anthologies they edited.
Demented and ingenious stuff.