Topic: Speaking of Biker movies...

Here ya go babies:  http://www.cinefear.com/biker.html

I'll be giving short reviews on some of these in this thread.

Last edited by fredgarvin (2010-03-31 15:03:31)

Re: Speaking of Biker movies...

Stone, Werewolves on Wheels, Wild Angels, Easy Rider. Peter Fonda, Hopper, Nicholson and Bruce Dern are in quite a few.

Werewolves on wheels.... Badass cool Id like to see that.

Easy Rider all the way for me for sure.TWO SOARING THUMBS UP!!!

"Stone" (1974) An Australian biker classic about the Gravediggers motorcycle gang. A number of GDers have been getting killed and an undercover cop, Stone, is investigating.
These Aussie bikers don't ride choppers but have Kawasaki street bikes. The rest of the biker stuff is there, leather, colors and skull patches. It is weird that they wear helmets,
Stone quickly discovers a Satanic Cult within the ranks and the gang accepts him, even when they find out he's a cop. Very 70's style movie with fighting, f*cking and bikes galore.

oh god Bruce Dern is another one who always creeps me out lol

I'm really really ashamed to say this...but....I haven't seen Easyrider! I will get to soon though, because I know it's going to be fantastic.

Looking forward to reading your reviews Fred! smile

Yeah, Bruce Dern is pretty creepy in a lot of movies. He's one of those actors that you enjoyed seeing, even if the movie isn't that great. I was kinda luke warm on The Wild Angels, but he gave a really good performance. He's pretty underrated actually.

On a separate note, I saw Angel Unchained a couple years ago and it was pretty good. That fight scene between the rednecks and the bikers while the cops and Larry Bishop watch is priceless! I also noticed that Tyne Daly was quite the little hottie in her time.

Werewolves on Wheels (1971) Werewolves does a preety good job of envoking the biker mythos in this genre masher. Nice shots of road running hogs and countryside are juxtaposed with gritty biker action. It manages to include 70's pulp staples such as
1. Bikers
2.Satanists
3. Werewolves. Well werewolves aren't really very 70 ish, actually.
The actors don't include the biker usuals such as Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, Jack Nicholson or Bruce Dern and it's not directed by Roger Corman. It is directed by a Corman cohort, Mike Levesque. The film is shot well and has good visual effect for a b-movie.
The gang, The Devil's Advocates, decide to harass a church full of satanists and end up getting drugged and being involved with the cult's ritual. This is where the problems begin. Gang members start getting killed in bloody fashion and no-one knows by who. There is talk of a strange curse etc.
Among the great camera work, the boobs, blood, fights and mayhem the one weak link is the werewolves. They don't really appear until the last bit of the film which might surprise a little because of the title. Overall it's a fine 70's cheese fest with good looking bikers and some tasty cultish blood.

Hey Fred, have you ever seen Hellride? It's directed and starred in by Lary Bishop and produced by Quentin Tarantino. I though It was good, myself.

No I haven't Creature, but I will. Thanks for the heads up. I like biker flicks and old school fighting flicks. I watched one last night called Vigilante Force with Kris Kristopherson and Jan Michael-Vincent. Pretty cool and retro.

Marianne Faithful - Girl On A Motorcycle

that's all I got lol

I thought Hellride was pretty coo. It had all the things that made those old biker movies so cool and fun to watch but turned them up to 11.

Ahm gettin it. lol

Fredgarvin, have you seen The Savage? Heard that was good too. Came out in the 70's and was directed by Larry Bishop I believe.

You know what, Fred? Just tried to find some info on The Savage and found nothing at all.

Hmmm....well either I'm totally mistaken or I'm seriously going insane...