Topic: The Wolfman Unrated DVD Featuring 17 More Minutes

The Wolfman is coming to DVD and Bluray on June 1st. The regular release will be 1hour and 43 minutes and the unrated edition will feature 17more minutes. The DVD according to DVDactive will feature extended and deleted scenes where as the Bluray rel...

Read More : The Wolfman Unrated DVD Featuring 17 More Minutes

Re: The Wolfman Unrated DVD Featuring 17 More Minutes

I'll definitely be renting this one.

This will definitely go on my "buy it" list, I thought it was a pretty good movie. Hopefully the delectable Emily Blunt will occupy some of those extra 17 minutes!

I'm with Suspira. This will be a good rent!

I enjoyed it in the theater and would buy it, but now I wont as the DVD has no special features.  I might rent it to watch the extended version...thats about it.

I just had to see The Wolfman in the movie theatre because the special effects would be more fantastic on the big screen. Can't wait to see the Unrated version. Thanks for the news.

hackblowfist666 wrote:

This will definitely go on my "buy it" list, I thought it was a pretty good movie. Hopefully the delectable Emily Blunt will occupy some of those extra 17 minutes!

Does it hold up as good as  Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) & mary shelley's Frankenstein (1994)?
I thought both where good remakes of classic old school horror flicks...

Norrock The Zombie Eater wrote:
hackblowfist666 wrote:

Does it hold up as good as  Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) & mary shelley's Frankenstein (1994)?

Personally, I thought that it did hold up as well as Bram Stoker's Dracula and Mary Shelly's Frankenstein. I think Dracula was the best of the three films when you compare them to each other, but in terms of comparing the remake to the original I think The Wolfman did an excellent job. There's some cool twists that weren't in the original, a little more meat to the story since the original was kinda short, and they only used CGI on shots that were impossible to get with live action. The rest was Rick Baker make-up that pays tribute to the original. The casting was really good too, everyone gives a solid performance and they really fit their characters. I'm typically skeptical about remakes, but this one did win me over.

Needless to say,I'll be adding this spooktacular Horror remake to my collection as soon as it hits the shelves at the store.  While I'll always love the original Wolfman movie, I thought this new one was pretty fierce.  I'll definitely bite.

Rob McCoy

Last edited by Cryptbreath (2010-05-05 04:17:28)

Already preordered! cool I look forward too all the extras, deleted and extended scenes. I did enjoy this remake, not the greatest but it still is a good movie IMO.

hackblowfist666 wrote:
hackblowfist666 wrote:

Personally, I thought that it did hold up as well as Bram Stoker's Dracula and Mary Shelly's Frankenstein. I think Dracula was the best of the three films when you compare them to each other, but in terms of comparing the remake to the original I think The Wolfman did an excellent job. There's some cool twists that weren't in the original, a little more meat to the story since the original was kinda short, and they only used CGI on shots that were impossible to get with live action. The rest was Rick Baker make-up that pays tribute to the original. The casting was really good too, everyone gives a solid performance and they really fit their characters. I'm typically skeptical about remakes, but this one did win me over.

Thanks for the info it sounds epic i,ll check it out...

hackblowfist666 wrote:

IMO, it does hold up to one more than other, not to say that Dracula or Frankenstein are bad films, in fact I'm a fan of both of these horror remakes. Dracula in particular, while Frankenstein has many shortcomings IMO, it still is a film I enjoy. THE WOLFMAN certainly has similarites to the two, especially BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA. Which even mainstream critics were mentioning in reviews back in its release, in February. Even the WOLFMAN's soundtrack is similar to DRACULA's. In fact Elfman was a fan of Kilar's score for Coppola's film.

Rick Baker's creature makeup and effects are incredible for this film! Lots and lots of mayhem, carnage and blood, you won't be disppointed on the gore, trust me. This Wolfman kicks ass!

The only beef I have with the film is its runtime, wish it was a bit longer (hopefully I'll see more in its extended cut on DVD/Bluray) and the characters had more time on the screen and even explore the myths and subplots of the story as well. Love the finale, I'm not going to ruin it for you but it is pissa, I liked it!