Re: Introduce Yourself

Good to be here and welcome everybody else!

Last edited by TheDudeWithTheShotgun (2006-07-08 12:49:19)

I am a horror movie fanatic. Low budget, mega budget, I don't care. If I like it, I like it.

Thanks Goon.  smile  You know I can't stay away for too long.  I have the craving to write some reviews if I may.  Besides, I missed you guys wayyy too much.  wink

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Jamie and I am a thirty-one year old chick who loves horror films and always have.  I am a purist so I mostly hate remakes.  I work in a lab and have a dog named Sami who is a lab mix.  She is also a diabolical genius hell-bent on making my life as comical as possible. 

Can't wait to get back to work.

Im drew im 15 i own about a thousand movies both dvd and vhs i loved horror movies all my life i collect weapons of all sorts my friends thi9nk im a complete pyscho i like to write scripts and make movies im hoping to be a horror movie writer/director some day and thats bout it o and i like grand theft auto

I've been postin' on this site for a while now and I just found this thread.  I think I should introduce myself.  My real name is Tim, no shit.  My hobbies are pretty simple, I like to play drums and watch horror movies.  I like to write horror scripts/screenplays and I'm hopin' to be a writer/director one day.  Um...what can I say, horror movies excite me, they give me a rush and at the same time relax me...oddly enough.  I am some what of a horror fanatic, I would say.  This is by far my favorite site because its chock full of recent horror news and everyone in here is really nice and open for discussions.  Plus we all share the same passion for the best motherfuckin' genre of movie there is....HORROR!

I wanted to find a place where I can intelligently communicate my love for horror and actually get feedback:)
I just started reading the graphic novels like 30DAYSOFNIGHT..and the walking dead and preacher and like them as if they were storyboards of great movies.
my wacky personality will probably have its way and leak through these communications, so I just let you off lightly and let you get to know me slowly...s-l-o-w-l-y crrrreeeaaak.

lol welcome to the site smile

umm..hello all. I'm not very interesting and I'm here to save the day.
the end. smile

lol welcome to the site ...

closedcaptioning wrote:

umm..hello all. I'm not very interesting and I'm here to save the day.
the end. smile

LOL Hi and welcome:)

Horror fiend from Sacramento, Ca. Ususally not much into forums but this one actually has some good topics and good folks posting. Love any type of horror good or bad and will just about watch anything once. I manage a local rock band Necro Beach (chk out their myspace if you want) and wish my town had more of a horror scene (more premiers, festivals and such)

welcome  to the site, look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome Hard2Kill.. At least you live in CA.. They do have that huge Fangoria festival in Burbank..

I came across this board to advertise my horror movies for sale on ebay.  I agree with most in that I think it's cool to actually be able to talk horror with all geek pretense aside, even if still geeky smile  I'm not usually a message board person, but this one's cool.

I live in Orlando, hate it, and will be moving to Chicago late October.  I write  short stories and songs, and music is pretty much my main focus in life.  If you care to follow my website link, it's the myspace account for my recently deceased band...from that page, you can follow a link for 13 free songs to download.

I haven't written a short story in a while but was just given an older electric typewriter, which inspired the hell out of me.  I'll probably submit new songs and stories to all kinds of people who won't listen/read them, but that's just how shit goes.  I love monopoly.  I hate raisins.

-brian

Velcome.

Good to meet you Jargen. I actually just moved down to Florida about an hour outside of Orlando. What is wrong with this place that you hate it so much, lol?

I've lived in Florida all my life, and I think I've just been tired of it for a while.  I just like the cold more than the heat, i Guess, though a Chicago winter may shut me up on that one.

I've been in a couple bands over the last few years and never bothered moving only because of that.  As far as music goes, though, I just don't see anything happening here for me.  We could play to the same 2 dozen people over and over again at a handful of clubs for years with no progress made...which is basically how it went down.  People here just don't seem to be too interested in checking out local bands, which I can understand with how spread out everything is.  The music scene alone is enough for me to want to move, but the lack of anything but sun (save for hurricanes, of course) is what decides it for me.

I only say I hate it here because I've been unhappy with my surroundings for too long.  This is my fault, of course.  I don't mean to slag your new home smile  What city did you move to?

I am in New Smyrna Beach. I didn't say I loved it here though, lol. Thisi s a sleepy little town. I moved from Ann Arbor, MI. Which was a college town, so this is a bit of an adjustment. I am use to bars open all night and a lot more people that are pissed off because there is no sun to make things better. MI only gets like 35 days of clear sun a year. The sun is out but usually it has an overcast also, so there are a lot of people suffering from SADS up there.

Orlando is only even considered a city due to the theme parks, I think.  It really is too spread out to enjoy going from one place to another, and they keep voting down rail systems, so the traffic will only get worse in the next few years.  As is, I-4 looks like stand-still L.A. traffic most of the time.  I just don't feel inspired here, I guess.

Then move towards a sleepy town and chill on the beach. That is why I moved here. To get inspired, lol.

I think you'll like Chicago Jargen.. Its actually one of my favorite cities.. I go up there almost every summer. There is always something going on in the area. Plenty of nice places to live within the city limits too..

I can't disagree with that and you will probably find an outlet up there. They do have a lot of musical things going on up there and if your into jazz or blues you will love it.

Hmm i seem to have failed to introduce myself earlier, but by no means am I a new member. Though i don't post much around these parts, some of you might know me from Movies Online as Leon s.Kennedy. I'm a huge zombie movie fan and I'm working with Meh to create the 2d client version of Age of the Dead.

Welcome to the dark side Leon.. Good to see you posting..

Well, better late than never, here's my schtick:  middle-aged but immature west coast SWM Canuck loves Black Lagoons, Famous Monsters, Godzilla, and foreign flicks.  Pet peeves: over-produced crap with fast-edits and too much CG.  Non-smoker, more-than-social drinker, plants not pets, curry before ketchup.