Topic: Phenomena(1985)

Phenomena which came out in 1985 was directed by italian master of horror Dario Argento. It stars a young Jennifer Connelly, Donald Pleasance, and Daria Nicolodi.

The film has a good soundtrack with music by Goblin, Claudio Simonetti, Bill Wyman, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, etc.....

The film is about a rich girl who is sent over seas to a private boarding school and she has a special gift in which she can communicate with insects.

Well there is a serial killer on the loose at the school and that means gory kills, lol.

I like this film and the ending is great with the monkey. You gotta watch it to see what I am talking about lol.

Re: Phenomena(1985)

Another fantastic Argento flick.  Gotta get this on DVD.

awesome movies
then it came on TV  A while ago
i Need to get  this on DVD

I have a PAL version DVD of Phenomena. It is a good flick for sure. But I always thought the heavy metal tunes didn't quite fit it though. It would have been better just with Goblin IMO.

Argento's other daughter Fiore has a small role in it towards the beginning and meets a gory death.

Definitely one of Argento's best and the music and Jennifer Connelly are incredible.Donald Pleasence attempting a Scoyttish accent has to be hear and seen to be believe.Fun and compelling.

Nice!!

Even though it is considered by many to be his weakest film of that period, I find it to be much better than 90% of what's coming out theses days. Two thumbs and a poke for your momma.

One of Argento's best. Very underrated film in my opinion.

This is in my top 10 easily.  The lighting, the tension, the soundtrack, the plot...I love it.  I love the moments when the characters are creeping around in the dark and all you can hear is the faint sound of the wind blowing.  The tension is really drawn out in this movie and I wish more movies would do that now.

Incredible movie, has a collection of odd story elements (the monkey and how Jennifer Connelly can talk to insects) that are wonderfully executed and are oddly appropriate, there is an awesome soundtrack (c'mon, they use Iron Maiden's "Flash Of The Blade"), there is the typically expert direction of Dario Argento, as well as a great cast. Even though this movie has common elements from his other films, it really spreads it's wings and does it's own thing. Definitely one of Argento's more individual movies. Hard to find something else like it.

So perfect movies. I have seen them once time. How can I got their DVD?
Let share some suggestion.
Thanks.

DemonToSome wrote:

I have a PAL version DVD of Phenomena. It is a good flick for sure. But I always thought the heavy metal tunes didn't quite fit it though. It would have been better just with Goblin IMO.

I agree & actually posted a thread on it a while back.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … p?id=22195

loved the film though.

big_smile:D:D I heart any Argento and or Fulci fan:D:D:D

One of the best films produced by Dario Argento. I liked this, Profondo rosso, Suspiria, not so much the most recent movies.
The soundtrack is my ringing big_smile

I quite liked it as well. What young girl wouldn't want to communicate with insects? That's badass.

Guess what was my favorite part of the movie?

^What, the Monkey kicking some ass? wink

alien25 wrote:

Heh heh heh.

azathoth wrote:
alien25 wrote:

Heh heh heh.

Yeah, I liked that part too, especially after what happened to Donald Pleasance's character.

sorry to crash the party folks but i've always considered this  to be Dario Argento's worst although i must admit, haven't seen all his films. not the biggest fan of his  anyway.

Oh, I'd definitely agree it's one of his most far-fetched (which is saying something, considering it's Argento) but what makes it work for me is that it's so unrestrainedly far-fetched.  It's just one of those movies which arches its back and spits at your for ninety minutes while asking, "So what, you wanna make something of it?" lol

Lonny fuck ooops I almost thought RIP was back, but I came to my senses way before my dialup landed cheers

azathoth wrote:
alien25 wrote:

Heh heh heh.

My fav was the last part.

DemonToSome wrote:

The track entitled "Jennifer" of the movie's soundtrack was quite nice.