Re: Favorite Al Pacino movie and why?

godfather is good too though..third on my pick list.

'Say Hello to my little friend'Tony Montana in Scarface portrayed with chilling realism and a brutal,take no prisoners,balls to the wall,juggernaut performance by Al Pacino.WOW!!!NUFF SAID.

Last edited by starkravingmad (2010-04-07 08:00:47)

Scent of a Woman. Hands down. He played that part like no one ever could have. He reminded me of my dad a lot in that film too. The speech at the end was priceless.

Scarface.....No need to explain this movie!!!!

aceofspades70 wrote:

Scent of a Woman. Hands down. He played that part like no one ever could have. He reminded me of my dad a lot in that film too. The speech at the end was priceless.

Unforgettable performance indeed.

Cruising J/K

Tossup between Devils advocate, Carlito’s way, and the first two godfathers

I have a grudge against Scent of a woman; because I feel the yelling over the top Al we know now started there.

"You don't got nothing to do with your life. Why don't you get a job? Work with lepers. Blind kids. Anything's gotta be better than lying around all day waiting for me to fuck you."

Scarface because of the great quotes lol

YOU WANNA PLAY ROUGH!?
http://blogs.suburbanchicagonews.com/sportsbeacon/Scarface.jpg

I like the movies where he yells and chews scenery.  Wait...

For me, probably Glengarry Glen Ross (sp).  So many great Pacino lines in that flick:

"I'm going to find out whose cousin you are and find a way to have your ass!"

"Who told you you could work with men?!"

"You stupid cunt!  You fucking fairy!"

"You'd know it if you ever worked a day in your life: never open your mouth until you know what the shot is.  You fucking child."

He does this slow burn right after Kevin Spacey blows his big sale.  GREAT Pacino performance.

Others I liked him in:
Sea of Love
Looking for Richard
Serpico
Any Given Sunday
and the very underappreciated Donnie Brasco.

Michael_Jason_Krueger wrote:

"You don't got nothing to do with your life. Why don't you get a job? Work with lepers. Blind kids. Anything's gotta be better than lying around all day waiting for me to fuck you."

YOU WANNA PLAY ROUGH!?
http://blogs.suburbanchicagonews.com/sp … arface.jpg

Ya Baby..........http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent006.gifI love the chainsaw part!!!!

Scarface is my favorite.

I loved his performance in The Devil's Advocate as well.

Michael_Jason_Krueger wrote:

YOU WANNA PLAY ROUGH!?
http://blogs.suburbanchicagonews.com/sp … arface.jpg

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent069.gifSay hello to my little friend!!!!

Last edited by helrzr1964 (2010-04-07 18:15:59)

A good all around actor I would say!!!!!

^^Definitley.

Either way he remains one of the greatest actors of all time regards of your choice of favorite Al Pacino flick.

I'm one of the rare people who think Scarface is a piece of shit movie.  I love him in Frankie and Johnny.

I don't think it's a piece of shit movie, but it has certainly lost it's charm since every 14 year went to Spencer's Gifts and bought posters and walk around saying 'Fuck you, mang,' with a terrible accent.  What's funny is they don't even really get the movie, like what it's actually about.  They think it's basically cool to be a coke dealer.

I made my comments clear,I now give Scarface the rating of $$$$1/2 out of $$$$$.:cool:

Last edited by starkravingmad (2010-04-07 23:20:16)

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

I'm one of the rare people who think Scarface is a piece of shit movie.  I love him in Frankie and Johnny.

Agreed, on both.

Frankie and Johnny bored me to tears.........no I fell asleep twice the third and final time I seen I barely got through IT ......Pacino delivers A very good performance yes ......... but the rest of it BORING.......

MacheteMassacre wrote:

I don't think it's a piece of shit movie, but it has certainly lost it's charm since every 14 year went to Spencer's Gifts and bought posters and walk around saying 'Fuck you, mang,' with a terrible accent.  What's funny is they don't even really get the movie, like what it's actually about.  They think it's basically cool to be a coke dealer.

For me, I don't think Scarface will ever lose it's charm!

MacheteMassacre wrote:

I like the movie but i know what you are saying. see my post on this thread:
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … p?id=23861

Voted Scarface...but also Dog Day Afternoon is a great movie..but sadly is not on the list.

headless1 wrote:

Voted Scarface...but also Dog Day Afternoon is a great movie..but sadly is not on the list.

Fantastic movie for sure and wholly underrated compared to Pacino's other work,great work from the late John Cazale too.