Topic: Horror Novels

I'm looking for a really great horror novel.. with supernatural elements such as ghosts or demons and such..
a novel or some good short story collections..  any recommendations ??

Re: Horror Novels

Monster Island by David Wellington is really awesome, it's the first book in a trilogy

whats it about?

It's a zombie novel so not about ghosts or demons but it has some really unique elements to it, definitely supernatural I'd say.  Anything by David Wellington, I find, is really unique.

Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill (Stephen Kings son)
ghosties!!!

Here's a link to a dude on Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/listma … all?page=0

I'm picking through his recommendations and have come up with a bunch for myself.

Whatever tickles your fancy wink

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill (Stephen Kings son)
ghosties!!!

Excellant choice. i recommend.

I second both Heart- Shaped Box and Monster Island and I would also add in if you can find it, an older book by T. Chris Martindale "Where the Chill Waits."

Clive Barker's "Books of Blood" are a good collection to pick up for any horror fan. There are 2 Omnibuses available. "Hater" by David Moody wasn't bad for newer books. "Practical Demonkeeping" by Christopher Moore or "A Dirty Job" kept me entertained. They are more comical in nature.

Speaking of books, does anyone here have a Kindle? If so tell me some good books to download. Fiction preferably. All genres except Spy or International Intrigue (Clive Cussler and John Grisham are not my favorite).

Dark Hollow by Brian Keene- sex, witchcraft and horror... sweet! Also soon to be a movie I hear...

Now with a sequel Ghost Walk!

I know it seems a bit mainstream but the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz are very good too, just cant seem to put them down.

DemonicBrilliance wrote:

Monster Island by David Wellington is really awesome, it's the first book in a trilogy

I am reading his Frost bite a werewolf tale its good

Oh awesome, it's on my to read list. lol

Ive been going thru this thread and I am going to have to buy some of these books you all recommended !!!

Im reading A hellbound heart at the moment, I recommend it to anyone who is into hellraiser or clive barker.

I agree MJK.. just finished re-reading it myself

Very nice smile, What other material do you like from Clive?

Last edited by Michael_Jason_Krueger (2010-04-09 16:17:00)

I read Mister B Gone which was ok.

I Love Cabal
the Books of Blood 
Lord of Illusions
The Forbidden

Barker's Coldheart Canyon is a stellar and twisted supernatural yarn if you haven't read it

Sweet smile the books of blood is a great read, same with the forbidden.

Last edited by Michael_Jason_Krueger (2010-04-09 16:28:40)

deadhorse13 wrote:

Barker's Coldheart Canyon is a stellar and twisted supernatural yarn if you haven't read it

next on my list !!!

If your going to read Clive Barker, you MUST read The Damnation Game. One of his absolute best, and doesn't get the praise it deserves!

its a good book. I have read it

I use to collect King & Hitchcock books for a while and frankly, i never read them!!!