Topic: Its about time with an added bonus

Saw 2 uncut and Slither on October 24th. Now I am finally happy. 2 great flicks on one fine day.

Re: Its about time with an added bonus

Unfortunentally I already bought Saw 2 and I really rather not double dip.  However, Slither is something that I will be picking up for sure.  What a great film.

Yeah, I knew Saw 2 was going to be released uncut eventually so I didn't touch it the first time around. I figured it would since Saw came that way. Good thing too, I almost gave up on it and bought the regular edition till I saw the news. Now I just need to decide if I want to get it now or wait till the 3rd is released on dvd uncut and get the trilogy all uncut. Damn decisions.

I remember seeing SAW Uncut on Best Buy shelves and that is when I bought it and I decided to wait till after the DVD came out for news of a re release as I hate double dipping.  Question is will there be an unrated Slither?

I love the most blinged out edition DVDs cause I love good quaility fluff free behind the scenes featurettes.  But of course gotta wait for the first DVD release to sell well enough for another edition to be made.

It is a good question. Slither uncut wouldbe the prefered edition to own...damn.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest special features whore but I can admit that having the most "blinged out" DVD edition is a nice little treat to have and are fun to watch.  I just personally just like the movie for the movie.

Well based on the myspace the dvd looks pretty jam packed full of crap. So if there is an uncut edition I can only imagine it will contain everything here, but put back into the flick. Also, they mention our sister (Moviesonline.ca) site on his myspace as one of the biggest supporters of Slither. Kind of nice to see the sites get noticed. Check it out here http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … D=58119776

Thinking about this movie reminded me of the flash game we got from them on here. I love that game. For those that missed it, check it out http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror-news.php?id=5548

Goddamn!  The DVD does look jammed pack full of bonus material.  Looks great.  Cant wait to pick this one up.  I especially want to see the many documentaries that this one holds.  As for the game... my top score is 9300!  Pretty fun and addicting game.

i am really sure Goon covered all this as news quite some time ago. He also told eveyrone NOT to buy the regular edition lol. I wont be picking up saw 2 but will be picking up Slither .

Yeah he did, I just wanted to talk about it on the forum. As for him telling us to not pick up the regular edition, I didn't see that. But then again, I didn't pay much attention after I saw all the extras this thing is going to be packed with. So does that mean Slither is going to double dip us? Or were you talking about Saw 2?

oh i have no doubt slither will double dip us.

Which is why I am holding off till about Easter for Slither.  Unlesss I find it for cheap with some After Christmas sale.

Yea I knew right away that Saw 2 was gonna get a double dip.. I get burned with Saw.. I'm actually going to wait even after Saw 2 Uncut is released.. I'm gonna wait for the inevitable box set that will eventually be released.. As for Slither I don't think they will double dip.. There is so much material there that another edition probably won't come out for awhile.. I can see one down the line if this one does well though.. Like a 5th anniversary or somethiing like that..

Yeah, like I said it seems complete. The only thing left to do would be to intergrate the extras back into the movie.

Man, I wish I would have seen Goon's warning with the whole, dont buy Saw 2 yet.  But honestly, could you pass up Saw, Saw 2, and 2001 Maniacs all brand new for 15 bux?  Thats what I faced.  And I said the hell with it and pulled the trigger.

No way man, you got a great deal. So here is the plan, if your rental store has saw 2 uncut, do the old switcharo, lol.

Haha, works for me.  My rental store will most definentally have it when it hits shelves.

Heh yea I wish I could do that with some of my discs. Unfortunately the rental stores near me never pick up the unrated copies of a movie that they already have. Sucks really. They also very rarely pick up older movies that get rereleased.. They do sometimes but not often..

Yeah, my video store is somewhat like yours in the sense that they dont have the biggest horror selection.  It's the smallest section out of the entire video selection, which is lame.  I was surprised to find the Grindhouse release of Cannibal Holocaust there.

Thank god for the internet!

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-18 09:27:32)