Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Rabid is probrably my least favorite Cronenberg film.  It's pretty dated and hard to stay on top of.  I dont know if you liked The Brood or Shivers you should check this one out.  It's still definentally worth a view.  Just not a buy IMO.

Yea Rabid and The Brood are my favorite Cronenberg movies.. But I would give Rabid the edge..

I just got done watching The Howling, Machined, The Devils Backbone, and LoveCrack'd..

Lets see look for Mick Garris' cameo in The Howling its pretty funny. Machined is a little out there.. You really have to suspend reality to like it. The Devils Backbone is a fantastic movie by Guilermo del Toro I highly suggest picking it up.. LoveCrack'd has its moments and for the most part I was digging it and than they would do something really off the wall and it would bring the movie down a little..

Rabid and Shivers really are quite similar, I agree.  The Brood is actually the only one of his movies that I haven't seen.

A really great one of Cronenberg's movies that not enough people have seen is Existenz.  It's about biological video games, and that one's a bit of a mindfuck, too.

I saw Existenz on TV once.. It was OK but it felt more like a made for TV movie than anything else..

Garris has a cameo in Howling? 

I know Roger Corman has the one as the man who looks for change in the phone booth.

I just found myself watching the Devil's Rejects again. I love Rob Zombie's movies. I can't wait to see what he does with Halloween.

Yeah, Rob Zombie's films are ones that I can watch over and over again and not get bored with them.  I just watched House of a 1000 Corpses for like the billionth time.  Great film.  Not as good as The Devils Rejects, but still a great film.

I love both of them equally but for different reasons.

I'm sorry to say.  Snakes on a Train

Hah.. yea I saw Snakes on a Train.. Asylum at its absolute worse..

I think I will write a review on it tomorrow after I finish a paper for Enligsh.

It could have been some campy B fun but instead it bored the hell out of me and.....well I'll save it for the review.  Though I must disagree Goon, Hillside Cannibals was worst.

Heh yea well of the films of theres that I have actually watched.. I try not to make it a habit of watching their movies. I did see When a Killer Calls which was just as bad..

Well Snakes solidified me never to see their films again.  Beast of Bray Road was a fun little werewolf film as was Bram Stoker's Dracula's Curse was a fun little vampire film, they aren't great by any streach of the imagination but for low budget they ain't that bad compared to the shlock Sci-Fi usually makes.

Then of course I saw Cannibals, King of the Lost World both were bleh films, though King was better than Cannibals, just by a few hairs.  Snakes meanwhile was just slightly better than Cannibals by a hair or two.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

That is a classic, I love that one.

A watched a documentary on Stephen King (on History Channel), Well Pet Sematary and the Shining seems to be inspired by real events he faced in his life.

i saw Battle Royale i think was very good movies, i wasn't 100%  happy with it, i don't know, somthing was missing, but i can't put my finger on it , i am 90% that it was great movies,

but last night a saw jeeper creepers 2, one of best comdey horror(joke)
i saw it before, i found it really good, i saw it last night, why did like it before, i found it so funny when the guys head taken off, his body still moving , that so great, the other guy that every one fell out  was stuck to the tree by knife out, only to be saved just in time to be taken, it was to quick, the way acting i wanted him dead,
i always wonder why no one liked this movies, i now understand
but it's a okay movie, it not even in my bad list or my best list, it  in the middle

so after wacthing movie like that,  put a video that scare me, i put signs on
it still love it, my sister is 24 year olds she is shit scared of this movies,  when they show that alien in news it send shiver down my back all the time

a 12 what were they thinking, it should never been a 12, this is the only movie to scace me like that, i am 21

Last edited by BASSI (2006-09-18 02:37:08)

Yeah, I liked the Jeepers Creepers series.  Even 2.  Signs just never did the trick with me, it kinda bored me.  I think its wonderfully shot and M. Night can come up with some wack ideas, but just a little to "boring" pursee.

I liked Signs but I never saw it as a horror film... If anything I would call it Sci Fi.. Not one of my favorite M Night films but it was a decent entry by the man.

i can't believe you like jeeper creepers more than final destnation movies, for me jeepers creepers really shit movie to all final destination movies

but it not that Worst  movies ever, i seen worst , i even like some really bad movies

i also saw friday 13th part 2 last nigth, it was great movie i am a jason fan

Last edited by BASSI (2006-09-19 09:55:08)

A lot of things about Signs bothered me.  The foreshadowing was so forced that it just made the ending stupid as hell, in my opinion...

-The kid leaves about 150 glasses of water all over the house, and no one bothers to put one away?  Do these people have an unlimited supply of clean glasses?

-Joaquin was a baseball player, fine.  Why is it necessary to use a baseball bat to break the glass and throw a little water on the alien?  Couldn't they just throw the glasses at him or use a pitcher of water or a hose?

Also, when the kid 'comes back to life' or whatever at the end, the film slows down, and you hear an obvious voiceover of him saying "Daddy".  This was one of the weakest scenes I've ever watched, I think.

The alien on the TV set was really great, no doubt, but the last few scenes ruin it all for me.

For that matter, I have a bone to pick with Unbreakable, too.  The villian causes 3 accidents in order to find a hero that can't be hurt.  You're talking about maybe 5-600 deaths in total, all in the same vicinity...I can't buy that someone would go to such lengths to find this hero but stay in the same general area and also find success after only 3 attempts.

I htink that M. Night may have bought into his own hype after The 6th Sense kicked ass, and it seems as though he wants to set up the ending as amazingly with all of his movies.  The problem is that there's just nothing to twist at the end.  And don't even get me started on the damn Village.

smile

I think that M night's movies are a bit overdone as well.  I mean, I liked sixth sense but his other films just seemed to "out there" for me.  With his newest piece, Lady in the Water, I have given up hope.  Along with Jargen, dont get me started on the Village.

I would probrably say I like Jeepers Creepers more than Final Destination.  But, I can also probrably say I like Final Destination better than Jeepers Creepers 2.  I dont know man, you gotta love the creeper.

Feast, and it was the best horror film I've seen in a very long time.

how odd, i wanted to know anyone who see the feast, there you said, i now need to buy that two

just saw halloween 8 agian, so crap. , shit moives shit death, but 9 must be on the way,  but now i am going to wacth 28 days later