Re: Sick of limited releases

I'm so with you on this Tina. Limited release sucks for people interested in a movie but live in a place where smaller movies don't make it (like me, hell Juno didn't even make it to where I live and it got Oscar nominations) and it sucks for everyone involved with the movie because theoretically it could turn into a major hit (like with Paranormal Activity) and net a lot more money and exposure for these people. All because some business school graduate doesn't think it's "cost feasible" to give it a better release. Last time I checked, they don't require film courses to people pursuing business degrees. What the hell do they know about film making?

FUCK, Limited releases piss me off sooo much! the majority of movies i would go see in theaters are limited, and then when they are out on dvd they are hell hard to find out here WTF. Thank god for online shopping... IF OnLY i had a credit card and MONEY! fml... lol, that my opinion on this issue.

I have to order most of my movies from Amazon.com or HMV UK cos they're not released here and most dvd shops can't order them in because of licensing issues. Even the "big" movies which do make it to the cinemas over here are usually a few months behind everywhere else, it's such a pain.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-talk034.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-cool04.gif Agree!!

Last edited by helrzr1964 (2010-04-03 22:34:23)

All the best movies, well best to me tongue, seem to be limited releases, and it does suck and it sucks that they aren't given a real chance.

This will sound like me pissing in the shower, but none of the limited releases are ever shown in Philadelphia.  We fluctuate between the 4th to 7th biggest market, yet Chicago get some releases?   It's only 2 hours to get to New York City, but I hate driving up there.  If I could afford it now I'd take Vampy for a weekend on an Acela train and make a weekend out of it.  We did that once for Shadow of the Vampire (speaking of which, if you have the DVD you'll find my name buried in there!).   Besides the elephant sized rat that tried to attack, we had an awesome weekend.

Oh yeah, limited released suck.  But you have to remember that the makers may not have enough money to pay for all the stock to send to thousands of theatres.

I FUCKING HATE LIMITED RELEASES:lol::lol::lol:for real just lol:lol::lol:uncontrlollably for no apparent reason:lol::lol:

Move to LA.  All the shit you want, for twice the price!