Topic: Kick-Ass

Kicked ass! 

That is all.

Re: Kick-Ass

Excellent to hear, I really wanted to go last night but the theaters by me weren't listing if they did or didn't do midnight showings.  Now I'm broke sad

It was a little slow at parts in the beginning but when the action sequences got going it was a fuckin blast.  Hit Girl was the best.  They did a redcarpet premiere here in chicago as part of C2E3 comi-con yesterday and afterwards during QnA one of the comic nerds asked the girl if she was single.....lol shes 13.  But she did kick some major ass in the movie...no pun intended.  And it was nice and bloody, just how I like my action movies.

sounds pretty kick ass

I can't wait to see this one. It looks amazing.

I really did love this movie, best super hero movie since Spider Man, in my opinion! big_smile Its also surpisingly dark, like very dark at times and its soundtrack is basically perfect. But Nic Cage is awesome and Hit Girl kicks ass!

I don't like action movies at all, but after the reviews I'm definately gonna see it.

I've been wanting to see it, going to the first chance I get.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone said Kick Ass kicked ass.  I love the comic, so I'm hoping the movie is just as good.

i di dnot know it was a comic. but i like the movies based off of comics so i bet its a good movie

I'll have to see this!!!!

I read the comicbook so I have the idea before I see the movie. I didn't expect that it would be so freaking awesome. The best comicbook I've read in a while and one of the best I've read in my life.

Last edited by MisterVertigo (2010-04-18 13:28:20)

just watched the movie and it was awesome. you should also consider watching DEFENDOR similar premise just hti dvd. review http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_review … p?id=14577

Meh wrote:

just watched the movie and it was awesome. you should also consider watching DEFENDOR similar premise just hti dvd. review http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_review … p?id=14577

Defendor is pretty strange, and Woody went full out with that character, but yes it was pretty interesting and funny as well!

yeah definitely nothing like kick ass but also something like it lol... loved both flicks.

MisterVertigo wrote:

I read the comicbook so I have the idea before I see the movie. I didn't expect that it would be so freaking awesome. The best comicbook I've read in a while and one of the best I've read in my life.

One of my favourite artist teamed with one of my favourite writers.  Kick Ass is a good read.

Just back from seeing it! Was indeed an awesome flick.....can't wait to pick it up on dvd big_smile

This Hit-Girl trailer just makes me want to see the movie again. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7vFOno6_BI[/youtube]

Everybody I talk to to thinks this is a kid movie. I've been trying to convince my gf to go but she's resisting. A couple of more days of annoying her should do the trick hehe. Can't wait to see it.

I love when people think somethings family friendly then they go see it and are appalled it wasnt.  Maybe they dont understand that the letter "R" means its not.  And if the "R" isnt enough, under it in the same box it says "Rated R for strong brutal violence throughout, pervasive language, sexual content, nudity and some drug use - some involving children."   Come on people, its not that hard to figure out!  lol  lol

Great flick.  Saw it a couple times in the theater, and picked up the DVD today and just finished watching it.  Though it does take certain liberties with the comic ( most notably Dave and Katie's relationship) it's still a blazing good action flick, with tons of violence and humor.  And while there's not a weak performance in the bunch, Chloe Moretz does indeed steal the show.  I love her first fight scene, to the tune of the Banana Splits Tra La La.

Hey Lonnie, have you seen The Losers?  If so, is it any good?

Haven't seen that one yet.  Looks kind of A-Team-ish, though.

I really liked KIck Ass got it from netflix but it was definitaly a must own! Oh and JMH i seen the Losers and really liked it also!

The Losers was okay.  Chris Evans was the best thing about it, IMO.  Some kind of cool moments here and there but nothing to write home about.  Again, IMO.