Topic: 'Nightmare on Elm Street'

Hey guys!  Anyone else psyched about the reboot of 'Nightmare on Elm Street'? I just saw this behind-the-scenes set visit in which FEARnet.com talks to the cast and crew-- including Jackie Earle Haley (the new Freddy Krueger!) and producers Andrew Form and Brad Fuller.

Re: 'Nightmare on Elm Street'

Hello Layna, and welcome to HM! big_smile I'm looking forward to this remake as well!

i am  really psyched  about this movie to i think it is well done looks beast . the only thing i dont like is the makeup to cgi. but it should be good

I have a wait-and-see attitude.  It's hard to get amped for remakes anymore.

^^I agree with only a handful of good remakes to hundreds of terrible ones it is hard to be excited for the movie, but i will give it a chance the only thing i'm not sure of is the cgi...

My super-scrotum is just trhrobbing for release of this masterpiece.

I think this will be good.
But only because Jackie Earle Haily is in the film. I think he'll play a great Freddy! And I'm glad they're taking the film back to the dark side.

The only problem I had with the trailer that I recently saw was hailey's voice. It didn't seem to be as good as England's I though. But I'll wait for the film before I fully judge Hailey's performance, which I think will be good.

I'm on the fence with this being a huge fan of the original movies but i still want to see it & shall give it a fair go.

Would be fun if they renamed it "Electric Avenue".  Could use that awesome song for its soundtrack.

azathoth wrote:

Would be fun if they renamed it "Electric Avenue".  Could use that awesome song for its soundtrack.

ha ha ha that would be hot!

I can't wait! I was against it at first but then after seeing the second trailer, I think it will be great.

hhhmmmm...........i'm sitting with az and zombie slasher on this one - firmly on the fence!

if it has been made with the right amount of passion it has the potential to be a truly terrifying film.
the advances that have been made in film-making technology over the last decade could really go a long way to enhancing the original noes experience (as long as the cgi isn't too over the top and overly noticable).

but at the back of my mind i fear that this will end up just another soul-less remake roll

let's hope i'm wrong eh!!

I'm going to see it opening weekend but I def. have some concerns. Some of the trailers make it look like a shot for shot remake. This is my biggest concern. Secondly, Jackie Earle Haily's voice doesn't sound very Intimidating at all. But, I'm hoping it will turn out ok.

I went and saw it on mothers day and while the story line and acting were good I just did not like Freddy there was just something off about him. maybe I am just so used to Robert Englund but this Freddy just didnt do it for me

i thought it was good that it showed freddy as a nice guy and you thought oh no he was killed for something he didnt do roll yea right.

the science bits i liked as well with the what happens if you dont get enough sleep and stuff.

i wish i was freddy.....

This movie was Bad Ass, best Nightmare on elm Street movie made in a long time. 5/5 Stars for a Freddy movie.

LAME! Half decent flick for the money paid. Boring and pointless!

Was it just me or did the main girl (Nancy) talk like she was clenching her teeth or something.  I couldn't understand her most of the time......:mad:

So about 50/50.  My main worry was having a new actor playing Freddy.  I'm going rental on this one.

Has anyone seen the new remake of Nightmare on Elm Street? I just got done watching the movie and thought to myself if I went to the cinema to watch this movie I would need my money back. These are the reasons why it is not great. First, you already know what is going to happen before it happens. Big surprise! Second the new actor that plays Freddy Krueger is not that exciting to watch. Third, The three main scenes with Freddy are not believable. Fake blood, unrealistic death scenes makes this the movie I want to put back on the shelf. So out of 5 stars how many do I rate it? One and that is just because it is was attempt unfortunately they failed to capture a decent horror movie for the public eye. I think my niece could use my video camcorder and  produce a better horror movie.

I was going to watch the remake then I thought to myself 'Is it worth ruining a classic'..so I decided against it, maybe I will look into reviews and decide whether or not I want to watch it. *Goes to look for some to read*

Seen it...definitely one of the worst remakes to date. 5/10

I still remember when the original came out.  I watched it on back to back nights at a Drive-in. Not many movies have got my hard earned cash 2X for the same flick. Only other film that comes to mind is the  first Evil Dead movie. And I would have paid double the second time around for Evil Dead...I take that back...triple. As for the reboot of NOES. I'm hoping it's better than what I have read of the reviews.  It's a dvd rental for me.

It has problems, but overall I enjoyed and will be buying a copy on Tuesday.