Topic: Left 4 Dead 2 New Addon: The Passing

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the first game add-on for its co-operative zombie thriller, Left 4 Dea...

Read More : Left 4 Dead 2 New Addon: The Passing

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 New Addon: The Passing

Cool, now I wish i had live, and some Microsoft points hmm Fkn Microsoft charging for everything.

I think it's rape to charge 60 for the game, 50 for a year of live service then pay more for add-ons.  Pure rape.  Why not use the achievements as microsoft points?  That would rule....either way, this looks awesome!

Matt, you're forgetting that add ons for other games arent free on PS3 either, so it's not just MS or Valve doing this to L4D.  The add on prices for any game on any system are so the companies making the games can get some return on their hard work so if they used achievements as MS points, theyd never make money.  All it would take is to go out and rent a shit kids game like "kung-fu panda" and horde the achievements.  lol  I mean i cant say much because I have over 20k achievements, but really not a way for game makers to make money.  They already are having a tough time spinning a profit because of companies like Game Stop selling used copies of their games (which they dont make a cent off of) so whats a few extra bucks for an add on to a game you really enjoy? 

And even though I have a PS3 now too which offers free online play, i have no problem paying $50 for MS Live.  Go to best buy and get a 12 month card and you get an extra month free.  So for 13 months it only comes out to 3.85 a month which isnt that bad.

Valve is only charging on 360 because microsoft is making them ... They don't want to have valve give away so much for free .. and make all the other crap they charge for on Live to look even more expensive.

to sum it up, "The Passing" is short but fun. The only thing I would complain about is the fact that you cant play as the original survivors but its easy achievements and good gamerscore
but microsoft points wise, it costs 560 points, if you have any left over microsoft points that is 100 points or more you can pay $4.99 (plus tax) for 400 points on your credit or debit card, or if your new to live or do not have any points that's $12.50 (plus tax)  on your credit or debit card.
Plus the fact if you have a new account and started off with no gold I'm not going to go into the details but the most expensive is year which is $59.99 or more (plus tax) or do monthly, which is $8.00 a month. If you do not have Left 4 Dead 2 yet that is another $59.99 (of course plus tax). Rounded to the nearest dollar if you have the game but new to live that's a total of $73.00 just for year and points. The game and everything else all together rounded to the nearest dollar you are looking at a $133.00 game. And just to think, if microsoft would have given you more microsoft points on-the-dollar for the cheapest one saying it would be fair to give you 800 points for the same price as 400 points you could have save a little money..... a little