Topic: Dazed And Confused (Anybody seen this?)

It's a stoner drama I believe. A bit of a hangout movie.
Quentin Tarantino has it on his top 10 favorite films list.

Just wondering if anybody out there has seen this and what they thought of it???

I'll be watching this tonight probably.

Re: Dazed And Confused (Anybody seen this?)

i love that movie! it's one of my feel good movie.

It's pretty good.  Rory Cochran (sp), the guy that plays Slater, is from the city where I live.

Dazed and Confused is awesome! Great hang out film!

Dazed is one of those timeless movies - it's set in the late 70's - that defines cinema cool.

If you like any or all of the following: beer, dope, hot chicks, good tunes, partying, summer. You'll LOVE Dazed and Confused.

I envy you for seeing it for the first time. But then again, it's also one of those movies where every time you watch it, it's like the first time.

The Creature wrote:

It's a stoner drama I believe. A bit of a hangout movie.
Quentin Tarantino has it on his top 10 favorite films list.

Just wondering if anybody out there has seen this and what they thought of it???

I'll be watching this tonight probably.

Wait. What? You've never seen it. Well you my friend, are the first person i've met who has never seen it.

It's a classic. Soundtrack is amazing.

also check out Stoned Age. I don't know if it still holds up but in the 90s, it was another one of my favorite stoner comedies.

How has anyone not seen this!?:/

I can't believe you haven't seen it, it's an amazing movie!

Great feel good movie. I'm sure you will love it.

thefinalsolution wrote:

How has anyone not seen this!?:/

I haven`t seen it either, never even heard about it till now....unless it has another title up here in little Norway of course smile I`ll google it up and microtorrent it down I think...

Over here it is a classic. In high school we'd have Dazed And Confused nights and get together to watch it.

Great movie,so Creature you better like it as much as me:mad::lol::P

I got to watch the beginning 25 minutes of the film before going to school, and so far it's awesome! big_smile I'll be finishing it off once I get home.

Thanks for the responses guys. smile

I'll echo everybody else here - fantastic film big_smile

check out The Stoned Age too, for a similar vibe

It's pretty good, a bit boring in parts but worth watching.

It's kind of a cult film though, lots of fans lol.

Creature you crack me up.
It’s a classic just about anyone can watch that movie and reminisce about high school, doesn’t mater what decade you did.

swollenguy wrote:

It’s a classic just about anyone can watch that movie and reminisce about high school, doesn’t mater what decade you did.

My high school life was nothing like that hmm.

Baby_Firefly wrote:
swollenguy wrote:

You don’t have to relate to the main characters and you have to give allowances that it took place in the 70’s. But what I meant is the feelings the characters dealt with from the sophomores coming into high to the seniors leaving.  Also everyone’s there from stoners, geeks to jocks, metal heads but no Goths or emos it was the 70’s. I should also add to my comment to feel nostalgic watching that movie you might have had to go to an American public high school and had been social with everyone. And of course not everyone’s going to really relate. But a surprising lot do from different generations which is why it shouldn’t be pigeonholed as a "stoner comedy."

then again I did smoke alot of weed in HS

Last edited by swollenguy (2010-04-22 11:13:42)

One of my top 10 films of all time!  I was Class of '90, but can easily relate to it.  Truly a timeless classic.  I like how there were clear clique lines, but that the jocks kind of got along with the nerds, etc. or at least more or less let them be.  That's kind of how it was when I was in high school.

A must see movie

jay_wigger wrote:

One of my top 10 films of all time!  I was Class of '90, but can easily relate to it.  Truly a timeless classic.  I like how there were clear clique lines, but that the jocks kind of got along with the nerds, etc. or at least more or less let them be.  That's kind of how it was when I was in high school.

Ditto and i was 97

Last edited by swollenguy (2010-04-22 11:49:15)

swollenguy wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:
swollenguy wrote:

You don’t have to relate to the main characters and you have to give allowances that it took place in the 70’s. But what I meant is the feelings the characters dealt with from the sophomores coming into high to the seniors leaving.  Also everyone’s there from stoners, geeks to jocks, metal heads but no Goths or emos it was the 70’s. I should also add to my comment to feel nostalgic watching that movie you might have had to go to an American public high school and had been social with everyone. And of course not everyone’s going to really relate. But a surprising lot do from different generations which is why it shouldn’t be pigeonholed as a "stoner comedy."

then again I did smoke alot of weed in HS

True our schools are a lot different. Plus we didn't even have any jocks lol, there were no school teams really. Breakdance guys were probably most popular.

What so funny about this movie is that is true.  I'm from Dallas and this is what life was like in my small town (Lancaster, TX) in the 70s.  Driving trough Sonic to see who was there, crusing around town, partying in a pasture or field, etc.  My cousin even went to school with Jeremy & Jason London (Randall "Pink" Floyd) at Red Oak High School.  lol

"What I love about these high school girls...I get older, they stay the same age..." Woodard

BTW, they stopped about 5 years ago on the freshman hazing.  I had it rough when it was my turn....that's all I'm saying!