Topic: Anyone used stop motion for their horror films

I was curious as to whether anyone has tried using stop motion for their indie horror films. I'm thinking of doing a feature film that is very retro 80's style with some stop motion/puppet creatures. In my opinion stop motion is sort of an interesting process and when done well could be as entertaining to watch as the crappy cgi creature features that air on the syfy channel in abundance.

Re: Anyone used stop motion for their horror films

I LOVE stop motion!!! Let me be first on your list to watch your movie after you make it wink

good idea.

Could be pretty sweet!

Sounds cool.

Yeah i was planning on creating some serpent like creatures that hunt in packs and tear apart some college kids or teenagers. I's in its early stages but i need a worthy follow up to my film "Bone Cave". I've been looking at some ideas and looks like the best way to make them is a foam latex puppet build up. It's a technique that has been sued in more "realistic" dinosaur type stop motion.
I was mostly trying to gauge if there was an audience for it. I really love old effects so wasn't sure if my love of stop motion was clouding my judgment.

Started the first draft of my stop motion/live action critter film and its already at about 17 pages.

Last edited by ghattprod (2010-04-23 09:08:00)

Well i am about to start my stop motion puppet. Wish me luck everyone.