Topic: Reputation

Can someone explain to me how Horror Movies reputation works?  We all have a reputation. I see a red and green notation. How does it work and what is it used for? Do I need it and do I need to use it ?

Re: Reputation

The green  button is a plus so you can add points to a persons rep total, the red is a minus and takes points away.
when taking or leaving a rep point you can also leave a comment as to WHY you are doing this to their reputation.

no you dont need to have or use rep points, its just a way to show you liked or disliked something another memeber did on here is all.

^ surv has a very good rep, as you can see, because he is so nifty and helpful... as you can see.

jamhorner wrote:

Rule of thumb: don't be an ass and just give somebody a bad rep point...like somebody did to me...give them one of that person is a REAL asshole.

I saw that on your MMS and thought what an ass. I think someone should take that off, knowing you, you're one of the nicest persons here. After i saw that i looked at mine to see if he did it to me as well. But Polt even if you disagree on someones opinion, you shouldn't give a bad rep as well.

I have spoken to Meh a couple of weeks ago about removal of unnecessary negative rep points.  Currently it's not coded to do that, but he said he will work on it in the future. 
But I implore people to not give bad reps unless someone is really deserving of them (as in they are being an asshole).  It sticks with you and it's not cool.

yeah i agree jammy didnt deserve a negative rep. he's too awesome!
so like everyone said you can give psotive reps fors for no reason (like just bc the person is awesome) but giving negative reps for no reason makes you look like a jckass. dont do it.

I have no clue why that prick did that to Jam. It was a bullshit move of that newbie and had no reason what so ever to do it. The way you get reps is when you deserve them to where people like what you posted, reviewed, or just like you overall.

Why do we even have negative points? Jerks don't usually stay around here long, and we sure don't need them to give us bad points.  If somebody screws up, seems like the Mods are on top of it.

floridapossum wrote:

Why do we even have negative points?

Because sometimes they are needed, perhaps a member has done some inappropriate things on here or acted in a disrespectful manner to one of the ladies on here and a negative rep or two would serve as a reminder to them and a warning to others about that person.

I don't know surv, they're permanent.  If I did something wrong, or offended someone, I would rather receive a pm than a permanent mark against my name.  Sometimes people unintentionally say things that can be taken badly.  Or sometimes, people misunderstand someone else's intention.

doing something once is one thing possum, people can overlook that no problem.
but i meant if someone continually acted in such a manner then it may be a good idea.

Also if they traded dvds and the other didn't trade right and wont give up when the other already did. Or ripping off people in the dvd area, there is a dvd barter section.

I work out the plusses and negatives in my head... it goes a little sumthin like this:

Jamhorner.
hmm.
Bon Jovi on MMS.  Kind of a plus, but kind of a neg.  Okay, nothing there.
Rainbows and bunnies.  Not really horror, but pretty sweet.  Leaning toward plus now.
Some ass gave him a negative?  Ah, hell naw, now I gots to give him a plus.

that asshole is a guy who i think followed me from another forum...i was the one who pointed it out awhile back to maven...he gave me a negative too sad

sorry guys no more skeletons i promise

Hey sweetness. Thanks for the compliment Jam. Really appreciate it. And you know, from day one since you joined, there is no way in hell that you deserved that negative rep.

this maybe stupid to say but where do you see these rep point buttons? I have not seen them

they went a long time ago, which is a shame really as it was a good way of showing others appreciation for their posts.

i think they were removed because bad reputation was being given to some for no reason roll

twistedsista wrote:

they went a long time ago, which is a shame really as it was a good way of showing others appreciation for their posts.

i think they were removed because bad reputation was being given to some for no reason roll

Phewwww,that saves my bacon.:lol:

awww! i'm sure you would have received lots of positive reps hellrat wink

it would be good if the great and omniportent meh could bring back just the positive reps?!?!

ps - hellrat, is it wrong that everytime i look at your title, squidworth's tentacle, i misread it as squidworth's testicle??? lol

http://www.rickmaggio.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/reputation-oj.jpg