Topic: Dark Night of the Scarecrow DVD art and Specs

Awhile back it was announced that Dark Night of the Scarecrow was finally going to get a DVD release on September 28th. Today STYD has learned that it will contain audio commentary from director Frank De Felitta and writer J.D. Feigelson and the orig...

Read More : Dark Night of the Scarecrow DVD art and Specs

Re: Dark Night of the Scarecrow DVD art and Specs

Great movie. The artwork is also really cool. Can't wait to buy a copy.

Saw the DVD screening at Texas Frightmare. That movie was a heck of a lot of fun, and looks amazing.  I'm surprised  they got away with a TV-movie that violent back in '81.  I'm definitely picking it up when it comes out.  Good movie.

Looks cool!

I remember seeing this on tv.  That spot with the wood chipper and then the subsequent cut (I won't spoil it for those who plan on seeing it) was great and I've never fogotten it.

Yeah, it got quite the reaction from the audience!  big_smile

one of my favorite movies....

Cannot not wait for this.

Hey Mirthquake,how did the dvd look overall? I have a bootleg copy of scarecrow but its terrible VHS quality.How did the DVD transfer look overall?

MacheteMassacre wrote:

Cannot not wait for this.

I'm with you, can't wait!!!!

so i am guessing this is an 80s flick that i should not have missed... I have never even heard of it till now tongue

Last edited by Norrock The Zombie Eater (2010-05-16 17:21:24)

Norrock The Zombie Eater wrote:

so i am guessing this is an 80s flick that i should not have missed... I have never even heard of it till now tongue

1981, made for TV and released In October during Halloween.

So does all the hype this little film is getting hold its name...?

Last edited by Norrock The Zombie Eater (2010-05-16 17:44:32)

Oh yes, definitely!  A seasonal favorite!

I am very excited about this dvd!  I have fleeting memories of this movie as a little girl and I can't wait to see it again!

DEACONFROST11 wrote:

Hey Mirthquake,how did the dvd look overall? I have a bootleg copy of scarecrow but its terrible VHS quality.How did the DVD transfer look overall?

It was gorgeous.  Completely remastered from the original negative.  It didn't look this good on CBS in it initial showing! In fact, there was a quick, newly filmed shot just for the DVD, and no-one knew where it was! (Remind me and I'll tell you a couple of weeks after the DVD comes out  where the shot is!) Mind you, we were watching on a 30 foot projected screen, but it still looked fantastic!

Excellent Mirthquake thanks for the info,I cant wait to get this DVD in my hand smile

Mirthquake wrote:

Saw the DVD screening at Texas Frightmare. That movie was a heck of a lot of fun, and looks amazing.  I'm surprised  they got away with a TV-movie that violent back in '81.  I'm definitely picking it up when it comes out.  Good movie.

I agree, saw DNOTS several months about when they did the Midwest premiere and QnA with the Director.  A lot of fun for a made for TV movie.

It's been a loooong time coming!

Mirthquake wrote:
DEACONFROST11 wrote:

It was gorgeous.  Completely remastered from the original negative.  It didn't look this good on CBS in it initial showing! In fact, there was a quick, newly filmed shot just for the DVD, and no-one knew where it was! (Remind me and I'll tell you a couple of weeks after the DVD comes out  where the shot is!) Mind you, we were watching on a 30 foot projected screen, but it still looked fantastic!

Ha yeah the Director talked about this after the Chicago screening last fall and showed us the shot that was added.  If he wouldnt of said anything I would of never known, blended in really nicely.

It seems like when things like this finally get a release date something happens and they have to pull the plug on it. I hope this doesn't happen with dnots because I would love to have this little baby on blu-ray

VCI have a clip of the movie in its DVD quality up on you tuve now.The clip is  called  "Dark Night Of The Scarecrow" from a guy called  vciguy..The quality is great.

Sorry that I cant post the link here this website wont allow me as im a new member.Kinda stupid rule imo.

DEACONFROST11 wrote:

Sorry that I cant post the link here this website wont allow me as im a new member.Kinda stupid rule imo.

Just a way to protect against spambots that like to try and link us to their shitty shoe or cheap pharmaceutical websites.  lol

I think some of you's are in need of those pharmaceutical websites tongue so they could be a good thing!
Shoe sellers on the other hand can go fuckemselves lol

But anyways yeah this is a good TV flick... I don't need to get the DVD since I already have an excellent copy of it.

HELL YES. I'm going to tell my boss to grab a bunch of copies so we can sell them through our store.