Topic: First Look At Brownriggs Archaic Redemption

Over the past couple days I have been talking back and forth with director Anthony Brownrigg about his upcoming film Archaic Redemption. I can't say much but if you have been waiting for a unique zombie flick this may be what you have been waiting fo...

Read More : First Look At Brownriggs Archaic Redemption

Re: First Look At Brownriggs Archaic Redemption

a second life roleplay group surrounding the post apocalyptic undead town ???  Im not sure exactly what to make of that description

Just as long as George Romero isn't aloud within 5 miles of filming ......wow, just finished Survival of the Dead and boy did that suck....... anyway, the pictures here look promising, we need some new idea's in the zombie genre... I'm still at a loss for words at how bad Survival was.... I feel kind of bad for him now, he's awful...  Movies like 30 days of Night and 28 days/weeks Later have forever changed our minds on how zombie movies can be approached.... hopefully this movie can push it in another direction.... any direction as long as it's the opposite direction where George Romero is.... he's become a parody of himself, Survival looked like a high School film project...

I hope this movie works on lighting ( very important kids).... and acting... you don't need a car full of great looking teenagers that can't act... I'd rather have a boat load of ugly grown ups that study their craft...

MistressOf Horror wrote:

a second life roleplay group surrounding the post apocalyptic undead town ???  Im not sure exactly what to make of that description

Yea Second Life is kind of this game that is similar to The Sims.. Only you play as one character.. Kind of a "second life" where you can be anything you want.. Well a group of people on there decided to start up this group that call themselves Archaic Redemption.. It's kind of complicated..

I spoke with him about the whole thing and trust me its going to be interesting.. It has nothing to do with the game itself.. Just the characters they created.. Once I get the full details I will be sure to let you guys know..

I hope this movie works on lighting ( very important kids).... and acting... you don't need a car full of great looking teenagers that can't act... I'd rather have a boat load of ugly grown ups that study their craft

I have to say I quite agree. Ultimately, this more of a story than a formulated plot.  I am hoping it will be an interesting new viewpoint of the undead.  While it will be very bloody, very visceral, and intense. All in all, I wouldnt call it a horror film, but a horrific film.  (scratches head) like that makes any sense.

Its more a drama, and very character driven. Oh well, it'l be fun to make anyway. big_smile  Now all I have to do, is make sure it doesn't suck. WhOOT!  But the cast will be of all types. I'm more focused on fitting the role, than names or appearance, I hope to have some heavy hitting themes in this puppy. smile Wish us luck!!

Last edited by ABrownrigg (2010-05-13 09:34:11)

Anthony.. sweet pics, cant wait to see more.  I really dug "Red Victoria".. so I'm excited to see what you do next.

-deadmanwalkin

okay this is looking better to me already.. thanks for the better explaination Goon