Topic: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

I just played this on the XBox a little while ago, and was pretty happy with it.  It is hard to find now, but a used copy should be cheaper and easier to buy.  The PC version is buggy, I'm told, so I can only suggest it for the XBox.

It plays like a Resident Evil survival horror game, except the general feel of the game is less frantic than the RE series.  Graphics and sound are quite good, controls are a little odd but easily learned, and there is enough challenge for most any player.

If you like H.P. Lovecraft or Cthulhu much, you should check it out.  I've not seen it for rent at my local BBuster, but "try before you buy" is always prudent.

Re: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

sounds like a really great horror game that I should be checking out. Thanks for the heads up Avanti.

Yea I have heard some really good things about this game.. Only problem is I don't have a X-Box. I might be getting one soon though.. Simply because the price is gonna drop drastically and if I get one used it will be even cheaper..

Yeah I've heard some things about this game.  It looks really good so I might have to try it out.

I nabbed my copy off eB*y, so you should find one there for a decent price.  Some people don't like the visual effects when your character is losing their sanity (I won't spoil it for those who might play it), but I thought it was pretty cool.  Probably the biggest beef I had was that the game is very linear, so you can't really wander around and explore much, you are usually driven to the next plot point.  But, that also adds a bit to the claustrophobic air to the game I guess.  I'd be interested to hear what others think of it once they've checked it out.