Topic: I'm playing "Alan Wake" at the moment.

Well, it's been five years in development, but the XBOX 360 game is finally out. I bought it and I'll be playing it for the next week. As most gamers know by the now, the game is about a writer named Alan Wake who is vacationing in the Northwest with his wife. Suffering from writer's block, Wake also suffers from nightmares about his character stalking him in the Northwest mountains. Soon, in real life, his wife disappears and Wake tries to find her while fighting off supernatural beings and lapses in memory.

The game is structured like a TV show with each level being an "episode". I just finished the first one entitled "Nightmares" and was pleased with its creepiness. Remedy Entertainment, the creators of "Max Payne", made the game and you can tell because their trademarks are all over the place. Alan uses firearms and finds ammo throughout (much like Max) and there are tv shows that mimic the hero's own tale (just like in Max). Unfortunately, the game is pretty linear and so the level design isn't too much to talk about. However, the visuals are beautiful and quite lush, you can practically smell the forest and lakes while traveling about. The game is quite creepy and it's intensified by tv shows that play on TVs scattered throughout. "Bright Falls" is basically "The Twilight Zone" and the first episode dealt with quantum suicide. It plays out in FMV, so it's quite cool.

Overall, the game seems to be a 2003 game made on a current gen system. It's not groundbreaking, but very creepy and most of all, fun. My one complaint would be the dodge movment, it isn't as fluid as it should be (like in "Bayonetta"). Overall, I'm looking forward to writing the review on this website. Look for it in about a week.

Last edited by alex1176 (2010-05-20 15:01:00)

Re: I'm playing "Alan Wake" at the moment.

Looking forward to reading your review.  I'm really wanting to play this game.. just have to find the time.

-deadmanwalkin

I have heard so-so things about it.  I was thinking of picking it up but decided I can wait a month or two for the price to drop $20.  For now I am getting every cent worth out of Red Dead Redemption.  Lovin that.

I know that The price of this game had very far before three months ago. But I have also noticed that The Price is also not decline as We thought. So that I can not wait for decline the price and get it and enjoy it as soon as.

Last edited by denzilpaul11 (2010-09-01 02:22:33)

I want to play this game, it looks like my type of atmosphere, any reviews would be welcomed wink

denzilpaul11 wrote:

I know that The price of this game had very far before three months ago. But I have also noticed that The Price is also not decline as We thought. So that I can not wait for decline the price and get it and enjoy it as soon as.

Umm I think i uunderstood that.  Not sure where you are from but here the  game has already dropped to about 39.99 and you can find used copies online for the $25 range

AlonCreil wrote:

Something so Incredibly SPAMTASTIC that Pr1m3vil's last remaining braincell melted with surprise and so he quoted the spam and LEFT THE LINKS IN

SPAM SLAM!!!
http://thepolyman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/how-charlie-sheen-is-winning-with-tiger-blood.jpg
I was posting pic of Charlie Sheen before he lost his mind! Take that spammer!

I liked Alan Wake. It was moody, creepy, the sort of thing I look for in a game. I didn't get any of the expansions, but I really enjoyed what I had played. I'll eventually be looking to do a short review on it as well on my show, just as soon as I can find someone to make a quick page using word press.

pR1m3vil wrote:
AlonCreil wrote:

Something so Incredibly SPAMTASTIC that Pr1m3vil's last remaining braincell melted with surprise and so he quoted the spam and LEFT THE LINKS IN

Whatchutalkin about Willis?! I lost all my brain cells ages ago!