Re: What's your favorite Masters of Horror episode?

For a first timer (never seen MOH before) would you suggest I buy a box set or find another means of watching it? I don't want to buy it and regret it but intrigued from all I have read on HM.

Probably the best was the universally loved Cigarette Burns, but for me  Haeckel's Tale and Incident On And Off A Mountain Road were very close seconds.

Was Cigarette Burns a take off of an Outer Limits episode?

The V Word
Really good, kinda silly vampire movie.

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

For a first timer (never seen MOH before) would you suggest I buy a box set or find another means of watching it? I don't want to buy it and regret it but intrigued from all I have read on HM.

honestly.. i never bought one and took it seriously. to me.. even though its not meant to be.. they felt like horror comedies. hahahah. i mean.. a lot of them are pretty goofy. like we scream for icecream.. the clown guy makes icecream bars shaped like them. i was laughing the entire time to be honest. i got it for $5 at walmart..

but imprint was pretty good and wasnt for laughs but just an interesting story line to follow. so i mean some are just interesting to watch and some are plain out silly..

i guess basically when i watch them its when im not in the mood for real brutal killings and more or less stories?.. if that makes any sense. its hard to explain. i have the box sets.. i started off with we scream for icecream.

i watched a few others on youtube before i decided to just go and buy the box sets. so i guess either find em real cheap or watch them on the internet for a test trial before you buy them in case its not 'your cup of tea'.

OK.  I didn't understand that ^^.

azathoth wrote:

after i read it i didnt either. i dont even know how to explain my feelings on those movies.. hahahahah i should have quit when i was ahead.

horror.mama wrote:
azathoth wrote:

after i read it i didnt either. .

Well, at least we are agreed!  lol

(You should see some of the crap I write at about 3AM.)

of the few I have seen I liked Dreams in the Witch House best Cigarette Burns is a close second
least fave would be Dance of the Dead and We All Scream for Ice Cream

I have more than a few:

Dreams In The Witch House
Cigarette Burns
The Fair Haired Child
Imprint
The V Word
Valerie On The Stairs

My favorite was John Carpenter's cigarette burns, but i enjoyed Valerie on the Stairs as well.

Has anyone seen The Screwfly Solution and Pick Me Up? Those are two that sounded really good that I haven't been able to get my hands on yet.

I haven't seen too many but, I really enjoy Incident on and off A Mountain Road and Fair Haired Child.

thefinalsolution wrote:

Has anyone seen The Screwfly Solution and Pick Me Up? Those are two that sounded really good that I haven't been able to get my hands on yet.

They were ok not the best but ok I liked Screwfly better than pick me up though

i enjoyed Jennifer - something strangely attractive about her demented face and lovely big eyes - and hot tits n bod - i also enjoyed the gore scene in the stair case - though it was nothing special

cigger burns was sort of good - a good story, but not as exciting

dreams in the witch house was good as well

i want imprint though

i bought most of the first series on bluray for hell cheap off amazon - except for the set with imprint sad

dance of the dead - FUCKING SHIT

though there is an awesome random useless scene - where these scumbags chuck a bunch of dead bodies in a hopper (big garbage bin) and they light them on fire - this one dead chick is slightly scream while she bubbles away with her milk frosted eyes - super cool - not worth watching the entire film for though

Cigarette Burns-
A haunting and disturbing movie by Carpenter that was beautifully filmed..

Pelts
Jennifer on the stairs

I like almost all of them but these are my favorites

Cigarette Burns
Jenifer
Imprint
Sick Girl
and Dance of the Dead

maybe Deer Woman, too.
Feel too bad, that I haven't seen Pelts...

Ah, someone mentioned Witch House.  Liked that one, also.

Sick Girl
Cigarette Burns
couple others can't remeebr what there called though, have to get out the dvds again haha:rolleyes:

Cigarette Burns
Deer Woman
Incident on and off a Mountain Road
Jennifer
Imprint

Sick Girl was a good one
Insects scare me so it did scare me

Just saw Sick Girl.  I concur.

The Black cat

boswell wrote:

The Black cat

Hmmm, not sure if I saw that one....  Time to put it into the queue (description doesn't help)

Cigarette burns and The Screwfly solution were my favorite episodes..They are both amazing.