Topic: No Hostel 3. At least not from Roth.

Here's the IGN link. Sorry if it's been here before. Roth says he was disappointed in "Spider-Man 3" and there's no need for a third "Hostel". I was disappointed in "Spidey 3" too, but then I was expecting it. Not many third installments get it right. Usually, the second movie improves upon the first or is just as good and number three has nowhere to go but down.

"Saw 3" was good, but not the expeirence that the first two were. It doesn't matter if the third movie in a series is made by the original crew or a different one, number three in a series is usually the lesser installment. "POTC: At World's End" was also an okay popcorn flick. I liked it and "Spidey 3", but their not the greatest movies ever made.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/793/793246p1.html

Last edited by alex1176 (2007-06-04 00:44:04)

Re: No Hostel 3. At least not from Roth.

Yep.  smile

You are right, the 3rd flick usually sucks........Godfather III?  Yuck.  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3?  Ewww....Batman Forever....::yawn::....The few 3rd films in a series I liked was LOTR,  Karate Kid III (hey it was a lot better than 2) and Jurassic Park III(also better than 2)

And even though I dont like Hostel, it is the right move for Roth.  There is something known as "too much of a good thing".  You never want to get yourself tied to an idea for too long, so it's best to sever ties before an idea is run thin and ran into the ground.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-06-04 10:11:16)

YES, this is the best news I have heard all week long......Roth finally realizes his shit does stink.:lol:

It's better to stop at 2 then to suck the life out of it.

I guess if it aint broke don't fix it eh

I did like a few 3rd films Friday the 13th 3 comes to mind but I agree majority of them are pretty bad compared to the original.

goldenwarrior wrote:

I guess if it aint broke don't fix it eh

I did like a few 3rd films Friday the 13th 3 comes to mind but I agree majority of them are pretty bad compared to the original.

Oh yeah, there are quite a few part 3's that I did like:

Friday the 13th part 3
Halloween 3
Saw 3 - was the best in th series imho
Jaws 3- just kidding
ANOES 3 - was decent
Army of Darkness - "groovy", "give me some sugar baby"

DemonToSome wrote:

And since "Hostel" is such a good film, we wouldn't want that to happen.

TiM the Zombie wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

And since "Hostel" is such a good film, we wouldn't want that to happen.

Where's a puke emoticon when I need one?:lol:

Oh, come on, you know you agree with me.  lol

TiM the Zombie wrote:

One word..............Turistas!;):lol::P

Hey you guys forgot about a couple of other good ones: A Nightmare on Elm Street 3, Matrix Revolutions, Aliens 3, The Final Conflict: The Omen III, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusades, American Wedding, etc. But with Hostel 3, let me think about that one. Ummmmmmm hell no. They definitely shouldn't come out with another Hostel. It's a good idea that they would stop after Hostel: Part II.

RIP wrote:
TiM the Zombie wrote:

One word..............Turistas!;):lol::P

Another word... Garbage.  tongue

Though, in some defenses, there are "thirds" that were done quite well. Army of Darkness, Die Hard 3, Return of the King, Batman Begins (well thats like, number 5, which is either more impressive or sad cause it took so long to get a better batman movie goin again), Dream Warriors (Nightmare 2 was pretty shitty), Day of the Dead, A Better Tomorrow 3, Once Upon a Time in China 3, Police Story 3 (I think that was Supercop), and more I can't really think of right now. There are some franchises that do so well the first couple times that will inevitably span over a few more installments, but I agree with the ending of Hostel, that's definitely one that should stop now. Saw is another example of something that should've stopped at 2, but good old Hollywood and it's money money money system, here comes another one.

I liked number 2 alot but I dont want to see another one.