Topic: pc gaming

I need a game suggestion.

Normally. when it comes to pc gaming I stick to mmorpgs (currently playing WoW), but from time to time I like to take a break and play non-mmo's.

I'm not really sure what there is for the pc as far as horror gaming, especially something more rpg-like, as I'm not really into fps's.

I'd normally just try to find my copy of Morrowind (or Oblivion, but I left it in the States like a dumb ass and my sister can't find it >.<) since I usually go for fantasy themed games, but I wanna play something more horror related, but still of the rpg genre.

Any suggestions?

Re: pc gaming

played Diablo? i think they are bring out a new one soon-ish

otherwise FPS is the way to go with Left 4 Dead 2

i havent played PC since getting a PS3 - modern warfare 2 is stupidly addictive

aye, diablo 2 was great. as far as i know, there isn't a set date for diablo 3, but i'd love to give it a go once it's out.

i've considered playing left 4 dead, but i've never been a fan of fps games.

Im not really sure about rpgs, but Zombie Driver is a fun birds eye view driving game its usually under 10$. Also Even if your not into fps that much, if you haven't played the Half Life series great mix of story action and puzzle solving.

i've just had a quick check.........Dead Space and Silent Hill 2 & 3 are available for the pc.

i would highly recommend any of those three wink

As far as horror games go, FEAR 1 & 2 are really good. Bioshock, though not a horror game, has a few jumpy moments and some creepy designs. Also Doom 3 was pretty spooky!

Also, I'm in the middle of playing Metro 2033, which is a post-apocalyptic russian game which is pretty good. On that same note, if you like RPG and horror elements, Fallout 3 might be right up your alley!

in otherwise werds - there is not much in the way of Horror/RPG PC gaming action

I seriously need a PROPA horrorific FPS game - extreme violence

ZOMBlE wrote:

in otherwise werds - there is not much in the way of Horror/RPG PC gaming action

That definitely seems to be the case. Some awesome company out there should make one; they'd surely make a killing if done well enough to appeal to those that pretty much only play fantasy RPGs but love horror as well. I personally don't think it's fair that all the good horror games are FPS's.

I highly reccomend Dead Space.. Like everyone else has said not much available in the RPG realm.. yet. But Dead Space is a third person game very similar to Resident Evil and features some great jump scare moments..

Now when I said yet.. I really meant it. There is a MMORPG that is in development for people like us called The Secret World. Here is one of the teasers they released for it.. Even though it has absolutely no gameplay of course.. It looks like they have some cool ideas..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utW53uzpjUA[/youtube]

I know about TSW; it's being made by funcom, and they made Anarchy Online, which I played for about five years (even have a tattoo from the game). While I may not be a big fan of funcom, I've seen/heard lots about The Secret World already, and have been somewhat intrigued, but keeping in mind who is making it, while they may have some good ideas, FC is known for disappointment. If I can get in on some beta action (whenever that eventually comes), I'd love to give it a go, and may even give it a try once it's released, but who knows, but to be honest, I know it's cliche for the current mmo'r, but I am content with playing WoW for the moment. Besides, I probably won't be able to play WoW in a year or so when we move back to the States due to the American and Euro servers being separate, and being too annoyed and lazy to start all over again on the American server.

I may have to take a look at Dead Space, and some of the others mentioned.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone wink

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7xME0aFbC4[/youtube]

Cool.. Yea I have been following the game for awhile now as well.. I didn't know all that about FunCom though.. I don't play any MMO's.. I have looked at them for quite some time but what I have always felt they leave out is story.. Thats what I enjoy about playing video games.. So oddly enough I'm a little interested in Star Wars: The Old Republic by BioWare..

I am a huge fan of BioWare so that probably prompted my interest in the game first.. I'm not really a into Star Wars but the ideas and the game look cool enough to get me interested..

As for Fallout: New Vegas I can't wait.. October couldn't come soon enough. I was just playing Fallout 3 the other day. Whats even better is that it will be in a very habited space.. Should be interesting what they do with it..