Topic: New REC 2 Featurette

Today Magnolia Pictures released a little featurette about REC 2. It doesn't feature much in terms of new footage and consists mainly of a dude talking about how great the movie is. But he does give some insight into what exactly is going to go on in...

Read More : New REC 2 Featurette

Re: New REC 2 Featurette

Very interesting..  I always liked the explanation/storyline that was given in [REC] rather than the one given in Quarantine

the film is a great addition to the mythos - not as powerful as the original but it's only because you're already familiar with the scenario.

There's a review lurking in my MS if curious
They've announced 3 already - I assume it will take it to the streets. Coolness big_smile

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2010-06-03 19:07:27)

deadhorse13 wrote:

the film is a great addition to the mythos - not as powerful as the original but it's only because you're already familiar with the scenario.

There's a review lurking in my MS if curious
They've announced 3 already - I assume it will take it to the streets. Coolness big_smile

Excellent !!!  cool

ohh please take it to the streets

- on the set of "step up 2 the streets"

feeding on all those fkn tools - pop crunkin to fergie

demon frenzy feedings - people screaming - pinged out red demon pupils - break dance battles - bible readings - whale killings - touching each other in filth ways

alright
time for cones n bed i think
no one else is around to response to my stupid shit

ZOMBlE wrote:

ohh please take it to the streets

- on the set of "step up 2 the streets"

feeding on all those fkn tools - pop crunkin to fergie

demon frenzy feedings - people screaming - pinged out red demon pupils - break dance battles - bible readings - whale killings - touching each other in filth ways

alright
time for cones n bed i think
no one else is around to response to my stupid shit

that would be a sight to see

Just like most sequels it has to be bigger and better then the prior one.  Or at least it has to try.  SWAT teams rather then regular people.  More action.  Bigger explosions....

I just don't know how excited I am about this.

I'm pretty tired of the shaky cam, out of focus grainy style of film making.  Also, all the way back to The Blair Witch Project, I had a difficult time believing that anyone would carry around a camera while fearful of their lives.  In that sort of situation, I'd much prefer to be mobile.

Still, [Rec] was really the only film of this type that I could actually believe.