Topic: Rockstar Doing Dawn of the Dead Video Game?

I just got sent an email from a reader saying there is a dawn of the dead game in development by rockstar games but could not find any evidence. Anyone heard of this yet? If its true its some good news!

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2373/dotdofficialjpguk5.jpg

Re: Rockstar Doing Dawn of the Dead Video Game?

It's a fake from another fooled emailer...another company owns the rights to the video gameideas I think (I'm not sure) and Rockstar have stated (due to masses of Q&A stuff that went to the freeroaming + zombies area) that it'd be a longshot to actually do a zombie game.

It's too niche a market unless you're Resident Evil/House of the Dead or doing a film tie in like that awful Fiddler's Green game, hence why City of the Dead crashed and burned alongside Dead Rush.

Plus, Rockstar make great artwork, even for BETA stuff.

yea that cover looks like some fan photoshop work. Plus I frequent a couple game sites and have never even heard mention of it..

i knew if anyone would have the answer it would be you dean smile

If they were making a Dawn video game it would be "based off" the remake by Snyder because thats what most people know about and will be more attracted to.  Thats hard to say but I know a lot of people who loved Dawn 04 but have never even heard of the original.

Yuhu, there was a Dawn 04 game planned at some point and was in pre-development stages at some point, but was scrapped for reasons unbeknownst to anyone. My guess being it would have probably been made badly, and streamlined, imagine Die Hard Trilogy, PART 1) Drive a car to get away (ala With A Vengeance) PART 2) Run around the mall gavering supplies an completing missions like getting the generator up (ala Die Hard) PART 3) First person on rails shooter sequence where you gotta kill the runners chasing after your bus (ala Die Harder).

Or they thougth the film wouldn't have done well enough...I'm sure at one point Dawn 04 was looking to be a badly advertised movie, but boy, they did OVERTIME on that.

It'd be hard to outdo Resident Evil 4 as far as a zombie game would go...that may be my all-time favorite.

I dont know, they didnt really seem like zombies in Resident Evil.  They were more like crazy town folk under a "spell".

the house scene in part 4 was great, though...pretty much right out of the original night of the living dead.

Yeah, that game is all around fun.

althouggh this game is not getting made i really have to say if anyone would do it right it would be rockstar games..

On that note I do agree.  Nice and bloody, a very M rated game. 

Rockstar wouldn't demand a sissy PG-13....I mean T rated game tongue