Re: Horror Novels

My ultimate favorite short story collection is by a Southern writer named Ronald Kelly.  The title of this thick collection of over 30 Dixie tales is called MIDNIGHT GRINDING & Other Twilight Terrors.  There's not one bad story in the line-up and this is probably Kelly at his very best.  I might also add, the hardback was dedicated to me during a time when cooler heads prevailed.  Long live Southern Horror!!!  You can't go wrong with this collection.  It's the best of the best.

- Rob McCoy

Last edited by Cryptbreath (2010-05-05 03:55:51)

Now. I love Zombies so I will recommend my favs Patiend Zero by Jonathan Mayberry, and Zombie survival Guide by Max brooks as a matter of fact all the Max Brooks books are good!

Currently reading Dance of Death by Doug Preston & Lincoln Child.  Great spooky fun!

- Cryptbreath

Has anyone read Groosham Grange by Anthony Hororwitz?

MistressOf Horror wrote:

I'm looking for a really great horror novel.. with supernatural elements such as ghosts or demons and such..
a novel or some good short story collections..  any recommendations ??

If you're interested, I recommend Stephen King's "Carrie". It doesn't have anything in the way of ghosts or demons or any of that, but there's lots of Telekinesis, which I consider to be supernatural.