Topic: Horror Profiles

Hey guys me and Mike were talking back and forth about this idea we came up with. Right now he is toying with some code but we were wondering what kind of feedback we could get from you guys since its something we want you guys to dig..

Basically what we want to ultimately set up is a profile page for members of the forum.. Kind of like MySpace only not as gay. Basically you could write a little blurb about yourself, pick your favorite movies, have a list of all your reviews on the site. Things like that..

We want to know what kind of stuff you would like to be able to put on your profile if we go ahead with this idea. Feel free to mention anything and we'll see what we can whip up..

Re: Horror Profiles

this is basically another opportunity for you to have your say in features on this site. I would put a link to your profile on your forum posts under your avatar so anybody can quickly hit your page and see what your favorite films are, your latest reviews, posts, etc, etc. It will be VERY easy for you to build as well. Ease of use is the #1 feature of it.

That would be cool.

That would be awesome.  Some of the things that would be cool if included would be like you said, a little about yourself and your favorite films.

Maybe have a wish list other members could comment on or an area where you could let people know what you might want to check out and members could let you know what they thought of it.

I like this idea alot. In fact, i think it should be incorporated on both MO and GR as well.

is there a feature that would leave msgs to forum members?
sounds great to me Meh.

Yead dead I think that would be part of it easy enough smile

I like it! Sounds fun, and yeah, MySpace is kinda gay (even though I have an account) tongue

I never bothered with MySpace.

I've always been a Myspace hater.  I had an account a while back and deleted it the second I made it after realizing what I had just done.  Theres just something about giving personal information away and posting a bunch of pics of yourself over the internet which everyone can see.  That bothers me a little.

Sounds like a pretty cool idea. I do not have any suggestions yet, but I will be thinking about it.

ive enjoyed the feedback. Keep it coming. I can code just about any feature you think is worth doing ( within reason ) lol. So far here is what I see needing to be done.

- PM system so you can message one another here on the forums
- A Horror Top list so you can list your top horror films
- A spot for a brief blurb about yourself, what makes you tick
- see your latest forum topics / posts
- see your latest horror reviews you have written
- What else would you like to have?

The whole thing will be setup so even those of you with very limited computer knowledge will be able to use it and it wont be TACKY looking either i promise lol

I like them all.  Very much like the forums I am used to.  Spot for info about ourselves, ablity to PM each other messages and such, a spot with a life of our reviews and a 'new post' section.

I love it.  Can't think of anything else as of yet.

I love the idea, I'm all in.  Maybe add a way to send movie/game/book recommendations to other members based on their favorites or lists.

Kind of a long the same lines you already have, but be able to see what movies you have added to the database, if you choose to go with that feature.

Also, stay away from the stalker feed like facebook has. That is creepy.

Great idea hard2kill. I am thinking we could do an automated feature where you can see what other people have on their list that is related to something on your list. For example, people who have Dawn of the Dead also have ......

great ideas guys!

This may beviewed as a kind of a sell out thing, but you could provide links to amazon if someone is interested in buying the movie or book that is recommended. Then as an amazon partner, the site gets a little commision.

Good stuff you are coming up with guys, I think the ideas are kick ass, It would also be kool if you could have a list of your favorite horror books & horror video games (This is not so horror) but maybe even a list of what kind of music we like. All this is a very kool way to have even more fun on Horror Movies Ca, plus we would be able to get to know one another better. How long do you think it will be before this thing is up & runing Meh?.

Sound groovy to me man.

sounds fly

Ok so lets recap with the new suggestions smile

- list of favorite horror novels
- list of favorite horror games
- PM system so you can message one another here on the forums
- A Horror Top list so you can list your top horror films
- A spot for a brief blurb about yourself, what makes you tick
- see your latest forum topics / posts
- see your latest horror reviews you have written
- What else would you like to have?

ETA for completion = This week smile

Maybe free tickets to every new horror film that came out? tongue

Not from me Meh.  It looks cool as hell.

three cheers for Meh....HIP HIP...Horrorah!!!

HIP HIP HORRORAH!