Re: 'Splice' in one weeeekkkkk!

keen as for this bad bwoy

To tide you over

http://www.hnsa.org/doc/tools/img/fig068.jpg

sweet as bro - cheers

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_1f0oOkiZ52ESM:http://imgsx.writing.com/main/images/action/display/item_id/1569739.jpg

Welcome to HM, rheather. smile

The Creature wrote:

Welcome to HM, rheather. smile

Oops, missed that.  sad
http://rlv.zcache.com/welcome_sock_monkey_poster-p228287782757936375tdad_210.jpg

I thought Splice looked like dog shit based on the trailer, but surprisingly Roger Ebert is giving it three stars out of four and Entertainment Weekly gave it an A minus.

I may have to reconsider and check this out after all. 

It doesn't hurt that I absolutely adore Sarah Polley.  smile

I want to see it too. I didnt care much for it at first, but I didn't care for Orphan either and then saw it and thought it was great. Splice looks better though. And I too like me some Sarah Polley

Didn't do too well, $8 million I think?  Rough.

Im trying to go see it this weekend.

well - i for one wont watch it for another 6 months - thanks to the wanka fag Australian Film Industry - or the fagget production/distribution companies that dont release shit in Australia for another 6mnths - 1yr - or never at all - then they complain about piracy - you want a way around piracy in Australia? how about you release the fukin movie in Australia, when you release it around the the rest of the world - ? HOLY FUCKIN SHIT! i just solved film piracy in Australia - no worries, you can leave flowers on my front door you fuck

I never thought I'd say this....... but I second ZOMBIE's post.

as if - you always agree with my awesome opinion

I just watched Splice this weekend. It is worth the wait. But if not, you can find a torrent of it on www.isohunt.com that is pretty watchable if you tweak VLC Media player settings. I definitely preferred seeing it in the theater though.

you torrent hacker theif!

ill take you up on your advice n check it out

I'll wait for rental.

I really don't don't understand this. All I hear from most horror fans is that all Hollywood puts out these days are crappy remakes, sequels and Twilight movies. Yet people should download this?. It's a fun and original Canadian horror movie from a director that has proven talent. Not only do I recommend seeing this film in theaters. Consider it your Duty!

Actually even if you have seen it and didn't like it, you should still over the next few weeks be buying tickets to Splice and then walking into Karate Kid or any other crappy film you were planing on watching.

Last edited by Ash34 (2010-07-02 08:30:26)

Hi Ash, glad you finally decided to post. big_smile
I think the point that you missed is that ZOMBIE is in Australia and won't get to see the movie for at least 6 months (if it even gets a release down there).
Doc P isn't saying to everybody that they should download the movie, he's just putting it out there as an option for somebody who is probably going to miss out.
ZOMBIE is a major movie fan and even if he did download it he'd probably buy it anyway when/if it hits Australia.
Nobody on this site supports piracy but sometimes it's the only option for some people.

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow wrote:

I thought Splice looked like dog shit based on the trailer, but surprisingly Roger Ebert is giving it three stars out of four and Entertainment Weekly gave it an A minus.

Dude? You can't really be listening to Roger Ebert or EW for your horror movie choices, are you.

lol.

I guess my comments were more directed towards Doctor_Pepper. Hey I'm sure we have all downloaded stuff we shouldn't have and I understand that, It's just too easy and tempting not to sometimes. I Guess my point is that these are the kind of films we should be going out of our way to support.

Last edited by Ash34 (2010-07-02 08:53:25)

Indeed I agree totally that we should be supporting original horror.
Doc P did say that he preferred watching it in the theater so he obviously paid his way. I wouldn't mind betting that he'll buy the DVD when it comes out too.

I really really enjoyed this movie! The whole idea was really fascinating to me, and the special effects were nicely done! I really like concept of this movie it is about two scientists who defy ethics and their company to create a humanoid creature

Last edited by jacobrock23 (2010-07-03 02:17:10)

jacobrock23 wrote:

I really really enjoyed this movie! The whole idea was really fascinating to me, and the special effects were nicely done! I really like concept of this movie it is about two scientists who defy ethics and their company to create a humanoid creature

Kind of like 'Frankenstein'.

Eesh, made $16 mill of $30 mill budget.  Ouch.