Topic: The Host Trailer

Goon has posted up the new full trailer for the flick HOST. Bong Joon-Ho directed this monster picture and it was even shown at Cannes where Magnolia picked up the rights. Now the trailer you are about to see is all in Korean so just make up what you think they are saying in your head.. Trust me just try it. Also watch when the guy gets pissed off at the blonde dude, he drop kicks him. Priceless..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5998.html

Re: The Host Trailer

And I just found this at Yahoo.  Story about the contraversy surrounding the creation of the monster as it is based off a true event.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060907/od_ … hvBHNlYwM-

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-09-08 00:02:11)

Trailer looks awesome.  Cant wait for this one.

more more gimme more........
I like it:)

the Host domestic trailer posted by Danny Girl today.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6484.html

Sweetness.

I have noticed that US trailers are always more restrained then Euro or Asian trailers, at least from the 70s-80s.

Example, in Euro or Asian trailers they show a lot of blood or gore or even characters getting mauled or killed.

USA, we really don't show that...better I think.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-09-11 20:07:17)

indeed gotta love the MPAA

I really dont like to see characters getting killed in trailers.  It sort of ruins the film for me.  Like when all these reviews and news about The Descent were coming up, I found out that Sarah lives through all the horror.  And it was sort of a let down.  Cause' throughout the movie no matter what situation she was in I knew she was gonna make it.  I'm fine with US trailers.  Except of course when they add unused footage to attract more viewers.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-11 21:20:05)

Yeah.  But looking back at the 70s and 80s with some Euro horror they showed characters already dead or being killed.  Haven't seen that in a while and very happy about that.

Couldn't agree more TiM...hate it with unused footage.  Especially if it is a cool scene.

I hope the movie got subtitles.

Indeed.  I rather watch any forgein film with subtitles than dubbed any day.

Mostly cause I grew up watching the numerous Godzilla movies on Sci-Fi channel and AMC and the horrible dubbing jobs done.

Yea well I know we are getting a remake of The Host as well. I think Magnolia have the rights to this film which means we might not get a wide release on it.. Hopefully thats not the case but thats what my gut is telling me.

As far as the trailers go, I've always liked the overseas trailers more. Because to be honest when I go into a movie I almost entirely forget about the trailer. I'm just focused on the movie.

A remake of The Host?  Any news on who is doing it?

As for my final word on trailers.  I do concentrate on the film, but its not afterward and I view the trailer again either online or DVD that I notice that stuff was changed or when I view some of my cult classic dvds.

Sometimes when I see a trailer and then I'm watching the film, I spot out points from the trailer and think about when some of the parts in the trailer are actually going to happen.  And when they dont its like....more unused footage down the drain.  Kinda ticks me off a little.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-13 09:19:30)

Oh yea I know exactly what you mean by afterwards.. I notice that all the time.. Sometimes I can't believe how much they show. But if you've never seen the film it doesn't matter..

Funny you ask about who is doing the remake golden considering you were the one who posted about it...

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6160.html

Wow....I'm not even 20 and already I am growing senile tongue

Haha.  Shit happens.