Topic: what is or were your favourite horror movie magazines?

I  realise in these days of the internet that Movie magazines which i used to collect  and am slowly getting rid of most of my collection, are slowly disappearing but there were lots of them around covering most aspects of horror films which are/ were your favourites? mine were in no particular order

MIDNIGHT MARQUEE
MONSTERS FROM THE VAULT
FILM FAX
DARK SIDE
IS IT UNCUT ? ( THE ONLY ONE I STILL SUBSCRIBE TO)
also have loads of others but these were my favourites with honourable mention to Fangoria, Scarlet Street, psychotronic,Cult Movies etc

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2010-06-26 14:56:12)

Re: what is or were your favourite horror movie magazines?

Fangoria! cool

I had this one horror magazine that was released just before Freddy V.s Jason came out in theaters, and it was a pretty sweet issue. Can't remember the name though.

fangoria i've been reading on and off since about '87. I just love it. gorezone was the other one that i got (boy i miss it).

I admit Fangoria even though many seem to disregard it.
Rue Morgue
HorrorHound

It's been Fango for me since the mid-80s, though in the last ten years I've only bought them sporadically.  Have about a hundred and twenty back issues, minus the odd one here and there.

Also used to be into Gorezone but that was back in the 80s.  Don't have any of those old issues; not sure whatever happened to them.

And Constantce (who hasn't been here in forever) sent me a couple Rue Morgues.  I dug 'em, but those are the only two I've ever really seen.

Rue Morgue!  Love the honest reviews and great articles...