Topic: Snow Angel A Vampire Film for Twilight Haters

Avery sent over word of a new horror film called Snow Angels which the filmmakers say is for people who hate Twilight. Whether thats just a gimmick to get us talking about the film is to early to say. Below are two photos from the film and a syn...

Read More : Snow Angel A Vampire Film for Twilight Haters

Re: Snow Angel A Vampire Film for Twilight Haters

Not enough to get me excited...I'm still looking forward to the sequel of 30 days of Night...Dark Days...hopefully the follw the comic better than they did with the first film...still worht a watch if you like your vampires vicious...

I bet its a gimmick. Theres prob so many Twilight haters out there (me included) that they're using a cheap and easy gimmick.
As for Snow Angels, they prob need a way better gimmick than what there are using lol

Doesn't sound impressive neutral

I don't know.  I was a bit wary of Frostbiten, thinking it may be a pale imitation of 30 Days Of Night, but I was very impressed.  This could be just as good.  Not that 30 Days was all that impressive, but it was a fun ride.

I guess the concept of vampires hanging in a place where the sun don't shine makes sense.  I'll be looking forward to hearing more.

Gimmick. "Evil women looking for perfect man to rule with... blah blah"?  Give me some more 30 Days of Night chompy action, none of this emotional monster shit anymore.  Next we'll have the Creature from the Black Lagoon looking for the Little Mermaid to have fishy babies with.  I hate Anne Rice.....

Hey guys, I wrote this flick. It has nothing to do with 30 Days of Nights (which by the way was obviously written by someone who had no Idea whatsoever what it is like in the far north in the winter). For this vampire, light and darkness isn't really much of an issue at all and it certainly isn't any major part of the story line. Nor is it anything like the vapid teenagers in Twilight who feel really bad about being vampires. It is not a gimmick and when I write a screen play, I try very hard to be creative and to tell a story no one else has told.  My story happens to be placed in Anchorage but that is mostly because the director and I both live here and it was easier and cheaper to set the film here than somewhere else. I give a justification in the dialogue for why our vampire came to Anchorage but I could have placed the film anywhere in the country or the world for that matter. Watch or don't when it comes out and judge it on its merits or lack thereof. Just don't accuse me of copying somebody else's crappy movies that I really detested.

Last edited by Jim McLain (2010-09-03 21:12:25)

Oh, and the "perfect man" isn't because she loves him or even really cares for him. As a matter of fact, she would just as happily rip out his throat. He just fits into her own twisted plans. Just thought you might like to know.