Topic: Dog Blood by David Moody

Currently reading Dog Blood, the sequel to the amazing book Hater by David Moody.  About a 1/3 of the way in and enjoying this one immensely as well.  If you read Hater and enjoyed it, highly recommend picking this one up.  big_smile

Re: Dog Blood by David Moody

A good friend of mine was just telling me about Hater and Dog Blood early today. He had nothing but good things to say about it. I plan on buying both after I get through reading Richard Laymon's Beast House trilogy.

I dont really read a lot of horror.  I read mostly Sci fi and urban fantasy.  But I loved Hater and am really enjoying Dog Blood so far.  Sure, people will say Hater is similar to The Crazies, but it is much different and worth reading/checking out. 

I hope they finally get started on the movie version of Hater with J.A Bayona directing and Guillermo del Toro producing.  It was supposed to go into production this year I believe but havent heard word in a LONG time.  It may be dead in the water by now.

i have read one or two shorts by moody - they were ok - didnt blow my mind or anything

but, i may have to read it - quality zomb novels are the goods

Thanks jmh, I'm always looking for something new to read.

ZOMBlE wrote:

but, i may have to read it - quality zomb novels are the goods

Not really zombie novels at all.  Everyone is living and fully functional human beings, some just get effected by some mysterious urge to kill and destroy anyone in their path.  The second book is all about the war between the Haters and the Unchanged.  Very interesting stuff.

hmmmmm said mr wolf --- hmmmmmmm

could even be better than zombi novel

lots of detailed juicy violence?

edit: im hangin for this zombi novel:

Beyond Exile (Day by Day Armageddon, Book 2)
J. L. Bourne

first one was a nice length and very enjoyable

Last edited by ZOMBlE (2010-06-30 00:03:50)

ZOMBlE wrote:

Look at the cover for Hater and you decide:

http://www.morriganezine.com/images/0809hater.jpg

sweet - i think i remember the shorts i read were nice n brutal

moody i should i say

jmh314 wrote:
ZOMBlE wrote:

Look at the cover for Hater and you decide:

http://www.morriganezine.com/images/0809hater.jpg

thanks for the tip Jmh......i've just ordered this from amazon, bargain at £3.74!
god i love online shopping lol