Topic: Gory Zombie Clip for Edges of Darkness

Jason Horton the director of the upcoming Edges of Darkness dropped me a line today. He wanted me to let you guys know that the film is going along smoothly and that the first screening of the film went fantastic. All thats left is some minor changes...

Read More : Gory Zombie Clip for Edges of Darkness

Re: Gory Zombie Clip for Edges of Darkness

WOW....I am glad I watched that trailer BEFORE lunch...now where is my appetite???

Awesome! Another movie I'm gonna have to order.

Nice little zombie gore teaser tongue

thanks guys. all the support I get here is very encouraging. It makes it much easier to deal with the few speed bumps I've encountered along the way. the scoring process just kicked my ass. Within the same scenes the movie goes from horror to drama to comedy (not camp), it makes it hard for a composer to balance those elements without one overpowering the others. this has been a hell of long road.
Hopefully I'll have the finished flick to show you soon.

jason

oh yeah. I just posted another teaser scene on our myspace page.
www.myspace.com/edges_of_darkness
click on videos.

That's a totally intense storyline, what is the run time? can't wait to see finished film!!

It's right at 90 minutes. The first cut was 101 minutes. I feel this kind of story plays best at around 90. People lose interest otherwise. I may end up trimming another minute or two, depending on how the score turns out.

Pretty cool and gory trailer.

So what's the storyline for this film and how did the zombies become what they are in other words?

Is it gonna be filled with action and gore all over the place?? big_smile

The movie follows three different groups of surviors hold up in the same apartment complex in the midst of a zombie apocalypse.

A vampire couple struggling to find food. An obessessed writer who is so into his work he ignores not only his wife, but the danger around him.
And a survival nut who takes in a woman and her son, who are on the run from some renegade priests hell bent on destorying the boy.

Although the zombies are present throughout the movie and play a crucial role, they  serve more as a backdrop for these stories. It's like The Great Escape. It takes place during the world war, but it's really a prison escape picture. Our movie takes place during a zombie apocalypse, but it's really more psychological horror and drama. With some kick ass zombie action to boot.

As our story begins the apocalypse is in full swing. We never say where the zombies come from. As a writer and director I'm a bit more interested in how things are, than how they came to be.

Is it filled with gore and action?
Good question. It definately has gore and action, but it's not wall to wall. A good portion of the running time is dedicated to pyschological horror and character work.
Those expecting a break neck pace and an overabundance of zombie action might be taken aback by the more deliberate dramatic pacing.

Last edited by jhorton2003 (2007-06-22 12:36:20)

Wow. Thanks for answering that fast. tongue

This movie is just getting better and better!

So when do we expect to see this film out on dvd cause I wanna buy a copy?;):cool:

Hopefully before summer's end.
The score's about done. There are several distibutors waiting in the wings.

Keep an eye on our myspace page or website. I'll keep things current.
www.edgesofdarkness.com

jhorton2003 wrote:

Hopefully before summer's end.
The score's about done. There are several distibutors waiting in the wings.

Keep an eye on our myspace page or website. I'll keep things current.
www.edgesofdarkness.com

Alright sounds cool!:cool: