Topic: Let The Right One In Remake Trailer

Well from the trailer its quite clear that Matt Reeves is doing a scene by scene knock off of the original Let The Right One In and that my friends is dissapointing. The characters mannerisms are all the same and all the shots for the most part also ...

Read More : Let The Right One In Remake Trailer

Re: Let The Right One In Remake Trailer

2 years.  Time to remake Avatar now, I guess.  Maybe make the aliens (B'avi) purple this time.

Shot for shot.. ehh.. but it's starting to look good to me.  If anything, hopfully this film will turn people onto the original.

-deadmanwalkin

Looks like another pointless remake mad

I watched Quarantine before seeing REC, and REC was by far superior in every aspect. As a matter of fact I rented REC, again, just yesterday, and plan on watching it  for the 2nd time tonight  On the other hand, I have already seen LTROI and loved it. Now a English remake is on it's way of LTROI and I am disappointed that it's being done. Will I watch Let Me In when it becomes available? Of course. Why? I'm a glutton for punishment,  because I love horror movies,  and vampire flicks even more so. Nuff said!

well I loved the first one, but maybe this will turn on the story to people who dont like foreign films..  It really is a beautful story and it seems they have captured the haunting feel of the movie

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Looks like another pointless remake mad

I'm thinking the same thing, and especially with the timing on this, while the Twilight stuff is still going strong, I just hope it wont be swept under the rug by fan girls mad

deadmanwalkin wrote:

Shot for shot.. ehh.. but it's starting to look good to me.  If anything, hopfully this film will turn people onto the original.

-deadmanwalkin

I don't think it will turn people onto the original. Most people seem to stay with the remakes and never take the time to see the oiginals.

The only good thing I can see coming out of this remake is maybe they will do a better job with the cat scene.

Sad thing is, it does not say much for english speaking audiences.  It should not take a basterdized english version of a film to generate interest in the original.  People should have wanted, and should have been given the opportunity, to see the original in theaters.

I'm all for this.....

NOT

Since I hated the original, this is the last I'll say anything about this movie...

NOT lol

Oh man and the remake haters rise again.  I loved the original, but what bothered me the most was I couldn't stand the creepy Swedish kid with the emo blond hair and the "bullies" had to be the biggest pansies ever cast in a film.  I mean, for real, those kids wouldn't have picked on a nerd in MY high school.  Of course my school was hood but that's another story.  So, needless to say, it'll be an improvement over the original to see true to life bullies and a more likeable lead kid portrayed in the remake.  Cloverfield rocked and those who didn't like it probably don't like anything that comes on the big screen. 

Anyways, I love how the same people who get all up in arms over shot-by-shot remakes are the same ones who bashed Rob Zombie's Halloween II for straying too far from the original.  WTF do you guys want?  Like I said, the original was great, but improvements are needed.  I'm not a movie snob because I don't like "reading" dialogue while trying to follow the action of a movie.  I'm sorry that I prefer hearing the English language over bad dubs or subtitles (guess that makes me a lousy typical American, but hey I'm an Obama fan so don't lump me in the category with dumb rednecks thank you).  I also loved Quarantine, but I didn't know it was a remake to REC till after I watched it and read so many negative reviews.  Sorry I live in Arizona and you know how "us folks" hate Spanish - that's a joke btw.  I liked the Psycho remake too because I hate black and white - so I guess you can label me whatever. 

Oh, just in case anyone is really interested, my point is: don't hate on something before you see it.  The director of the remake seems to have LOVED the original and is doing it justice by staying true to its core.  I believe that's a GODD THING ...

I'll probably give it a chance although my hopes aren't that high for it.  The little girl that's playing the vampire was awesome in Kick Ass.

Wow I have been dissing this from day one but the trailer looks good, it looks worth seeing!

But Meh I don't think there was sexual tension in this story. Eli has no real sexuality and Oskar didn't feel that kind of interest in her. He doesn't care if she is not human or not a girl, he just loves her.

Unless you mean the sexual feelings the man who was acting as her helper had for her? The pedophile? Because she exploited that to get his help.

demonz33 wrote:

Anyways, I love how the same people who get all up in arms over shot-by-shot remakes are the same ones who bashed Rob Zombie's Halloween II for straying too far from the original.  WTF do you guys want?   ...

1) I hate any remake done less than 15 years after automatically.
2) I pretty much dislike almost all remakes in general.
3) I wasn't fond of Zombie's movie, either.
4) Not real sure how Arizona or Obama fits in here.
5) I generally prefer subtitles since most dubs are incorrect or badly done.

Feel better?

azathoth wrote:

I agree -- but I felt the urge to comment on this. since. for LTROI dvd its the exact opposite!
the dub is the theatrical version and the subs are some different version the movie company came up with...

and there was tension, Oskar had the hots for Eli... he brought her to that basement cuz that's where everyone went to make out
(I'm wondering if Hollywood is going to allow the "cut" aspect of it remain)

Baby_Firefly wrote:

But Meh I don't think there was sexual tension in this story. Eli has no real sexuality and Oskar didn't feel that kind of interest in her. He doesn't care if she is not human or not a girl, he just loves her.

Unless you mean the sexual feelings the man who was acting as her helper had for her? The pedophile? Because she exploited that to get his help.

Ah, me thinks you may have missed something there Baby.  Vampires do not age correct?  But the same cannot be said of their companions.  Take a closer look at the relationship between Eli and her chaperone, now think about how Oskar fits into that scenario.;)

alien25 wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:

Ah, me thinks you may have missed something there Baby.  Vampires do not age correct?  But the same cannot be said of their companions.  Take a closer look at the relationship between Eli and her chaperone, now think about how Oskar fits into that scenario.;)

**SPOILERS**

Hmm what are you saying here? Because that man was a pedophile and Eli knew that, she let him touch her but remained completely unaffected by it, it was nothing to her, she was just mannipulating him to get his help. She found him in a playground watching the children and chose him because he idolized her body.

With Oskar she reverted to acting like the child she was because she never grew up really mentally. There was innocence in it. Eli eating the lollies even though they made her sick, dressing like him, playing the game of tapping words to eat other. Kid things.

When she gets into bed with him naked even, the little exchange kind of proves that:
"You're naked"
"Sorry, is it gross?"
"No" (or something like that)

and when he finds out that she is not a girl, that she was a boy and is a vampire, he still loves her because it is a friendship kind of love.

At least that's what I've always thought.

Last edited by Baby_Firefly (2010-07-03 05:11:57)

nolamerchgirl wrote:
azathoth wrote:

I agree -- but I felt the urge to comment on this. since. for LTROI dvd its the exact opposite!
the dub is the theatrical version and the subs are some different version the movie company came up with...

and there was tension, Oskar had the hots for Eli... he brought her to that basement cuz that's where everyone went to make out
(I'm wondering if Hollywood is going to allow the "cut" aspect of it remain)

No he bought her there because it was the secret place of the older boy he idolized. To impress her.

I think there's room for both interpretations.

The trailer looks good.  This may be one of those remakes that are made with care and passion, though, based upon what I saw, I'm not seeing any real vision.

sMart wrote:

The trailer looks good.  This may be one of those remakes that are made with care and passion, though, based upon what I saw, I'm not seeing any real vision.

There is. I'd like to be convinced though because I find it interesting!

Well we always have the first one, so it can't hurt right?

Baby_Firefly wrote:
sMart wrote:

There is. I'd like to be convinced though because I find it interesting!

Well we always have the first one, so it can't hurt right?

I'm not gonna even try, Baby.  I could never convince a woman of anything.  big_smile 

Yeah, we always have the first one.

demonz33 wrote:

Oh man and the remake haters rise again.  I loved the original, but what bothered me the most was I couldn't stand the creepy Swedish kid with the emo blond hair

hehehe but wasn't that what this shitty movie was about?

Hey, that kid Kodi Smit-McPhee is a great actor by the way. Have you seen The Road? Lots of potential for that kid. I see hope for this.

I think it's pretty cool but I like that chick from Kick Ass and the boy from The Road.