Re: Movie trivia: "Did you know?"

Tor Johnson from the Ed Wood films was also a pro wrestler.

Did you the corpse in the opening sequence of the Big Chill was played by Kevin Costner?

in the film " Pulp  Fiction" all the clocks are stuck on 4.20.
when filming "The Wizard Of Oz " Judy Garland recieved $35 a week, Toto the dog recieved $125 a week!

The skeletons in the empty swimming pool at the end of the first Poltergeist movie were real

CGI is fake images.   And Jaws killed Godzilla.

In the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead, there's a sign which reads M. Celeste next to the front door.  This is an eerie omen to come as it stands for the ghost ship, The Mary Celeste.

- Cryptbreath

Did you know that Dan O'Bannon admitted that the slugs in David Cronenberg's SHIVERS were the inspiration for the Face Hugger and it's 'seed' in ALIEN?

Did you know that director Walter Hill pitched his take of THE PUNISHER with actor Tom Jane and Lionsgate said no!

The 2 guys with fishing poles that wave at the car in the beginning of Evil Dead are Raimi and Tapert.

did you know Sean Connery turned down the part of "Gandolph" in the " Lord of the Rings" films because he didn't understand the script.

Did you know that Clint Eastwood's first movie role was playing a lab tech in Revenge of the Creature

(Probably obvious) 
Did you know that "Klatuu verata nictu" came from the original War of the Worlds (excuse the spelling, I'm not looking it up)?

One Bad Seed wrote:

Did you know that director Walter Hill pitched his take of THE PUNISHER with actor Tom Jane and Lionsgate said no!

I bet Walter Hill would have done an awesome Punisher. I didn't buy Thomas Jane as Frank Castle though, I think the guy they got for Punisher: Warzone was much better. I also liked Dolph Lundgren in the Punisher movie he made like 20 years ago. Way better than the one with Thomas Jane and John Revolta.

Come to think of it, I bet Sam Peckinpah would have done a killer version of the Punisher as well.

Last edited by hackblowfist666 (2010-07-07 00:46:50)

Did you know 28 Days Later was filmed in London while it was full of pedestrians and traffic?

I did. but I'm a horror nerd like that

Vanessa Redgrave was to be the opera singer in Argento's Opera but walked off the set before her scenes could be filmed

This thread got me hooked on IMDB trivia and I found something pretty interesting:

According to writer-director Edgar Wright in the DVD commentary, when Ed attempts to cheer Shaun up at the Winchester with plans of binge drinking, he is actually summarizing the events of the next day (Z-day) entirely in drinking references. "Bloody Mary" - Checkout Girl, "Bite at the king's head" - Phillip, "Couple" - David and Di, "Little Princess" - Liz, "Stagger back" - impersonate zombies, "Bar For Shots" - firing rifle.

Just goes to show the intelligent writing in the film. That's what I love best about it!

Did you know that Quentin tarantino was suppose to produce Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers

Did u know that the actress who played Sally in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, Marilyn Burns, really cut herself running from Leatherface through branches and shrubbery? By the end of the movie, the blood she's covered in is mostly real! Tobe Hooper said she had pieces of branches and thorns stuck in her scalp and she had to go to the hospital to have them removed!

JJ wrote:

Did you know that Quentin tarantino was suppose to produce Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers

So, instead of a redneck, hillbilly, white trash Michael, we could have gotten a hipster, useless, random trivia speaking Michael.  And let's not forget all the obscure homages to previous movies, Quentin loves to add to all his films so he can prove how much smarter he is then everyone else.  'Royale with cheese' indeed.

Sounds like fun.

By the way, welcome to the site, HorrorFan.

RebelWithoutApplause wrote:

Did you know 28 Days Later was filmed in London while it was full of pedestrians and traffic?

it was shot early in the morning before the pedestrails were out and going to work and sections of london were closed minutes at the time and on the commentry they said they saw drunk bankers staggering home wondering what was going on

sMart wrote:
JJ wrote:

So, instead of a redneck, hillbilly, white trash Michael, we could have gotten a hipster, useless, random trivia speaking Michael.  And let's not forget all the obscure homages to previous movies, Quentin loves to add to all his films so he can prove how much smarter he is then everyone else.  'Royale with cheese' indeed.

Sounds like fun.

I think that would be fantastic i cant see it making things worse hahaha i'd live with it and after H2 can anyone mouth a halloween film? lol
and welcome to the site HorrrorFan

No sheep were blown up in "Bad Taste"

azathoth wrote:

(Probably obvious) 
Did you know that "Klatuu verata nictu" came from the original War of the Worlds (excuse the spelling, I'm not looking it up)?

That's actually incorrect. Klaatu Barada Nikto came from the original The Day the Earth Stood Still in 1951.

And... that counts as my "did you know?" as well, lol.

Richard Kiel ("Jaws," from the Bond films) originally landed titular role in the Incredible Hulk TV series.  He was replaced by Lou Ferrigno after several days of shooting when the producer's son, on set for a visit, saw Kiel and said, "That's not the Hulk."

The character of Chung Ling Soo, who appears and is mentionec briefly in The Prestige, was an actual stage character created by a Caucasian American man, William Ellsworth Robinson, who disguised himself as a Chinese man to cash in on audiences' enthusiasm for the exotic. Robinson lived as Chung, never breaking character while in public. He died in March 1918 when a bullet catch trick went wrong. "My God, I've been shot" were both his last words and the first English he had spoken on stage in 19 years.