Topic: Inafune Talks Resident Evil: Revelations

During E3 it was revealed that Resident Evil was coming to the new Nintendo 3DS. Today Capcom released an interview video for the game with head honcho Keji Inafunel. Unfortunately it will probably be quite some time until we get a proper release dat...

Read More : Inafune Talks Resident Evil: Revelations

Re: Inafune Talks Resident Evil: Revelations

The fact that they're still making RE games after the sacrileges that were RE4 and RE5 makes me throw up in my mouth, just a little bit.... That being said, at least there's really no p[lace to go besides up.

I liked RE5.. Not exactly a horror survival game but it was fun.. Which is generally all I care about when playing a game..

I found it only marginally entertaining. It upsets me that they kept going with the run-n-gun bullshit that they did in 4. They completely destroyed the atmosphere of RE with 4, then took no steps to fix it in 5. And I don't like zombie games without zombies....

Well you can't run-n-gun because you are still stationary and can't move when shooting. But I think what you mean is that they have left behind most of the horror elements and replaced them with action. They also took out a lot of the problem solving stuff that they with all the weird puzzles. I agree about the removal of zombies though.. I always thought that was a bit of a drag.

By run-n-gun, I meant mostly that A) You literally do just run across the board, and B) you have no need to conserve ammo.

And the fact that they basically killed off the cinematic angles from gameplay really chaps my ass. They made countless games that had a certain style and certain plot elements, and it just worked... Then, all of the sudden, Umbrella corporation just disappears, for no reason whatsoever, and now instead of zombies, we get to fight a bunch of schmucks who've been infected with parasites. And don't get me started on the puzzles that a lobotomy patient could figure out in less time than it takes to state my displeasure...

Edit: I think I'm done venting now.

Last edited by EasterBunnyKiller (2010-07-07 02:06:15)

The locale of choice for Resident Evil 5 is Haiti.  Wont change the cries of racism which is total lol, but just throwing that out there.