Topic: New TCM Beginnings Images

New images are online, let the killing begin!
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_9928.html

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie-gallery/albums/TexasChainsawMassacreBeginning//TexasChainsawBeginning140906-3.jpg

Re: New TCM Beginnings Images

Not entirely impressed.  Then again these arent the most "intense shots".  I honestly just dont know about this one.  I dont have high nor do I have low expectations for this.  I'm just gonna have to wait and see.

totally agree Tim. hopefully we will get some really grusome ones to prove its worth checking out.

I just watched the trailer for the first time and something caught my ear.  It's made to look as though, just before some nice people get killed, a man says "they won't remember anything they say tonight, but they'll remember what we did", or something close enough to that.

Not to overanalyze a trailer, but they make it sound as though the family just took the leap of cannibalism one day.  Is there any word yet on whether it's actually being modeled after Gein's early life?  I didn't see the recent remake, but this one actually looks interesting so far.

The remake, bleh.  A sleek (with some grim) polished Hollywood film that lacked the grit of Hooper's original. 

Overanalyze all ya want jargen.  You brought up a very good point.  Unless these folks have been doing it for a while....they did a HUGE shift in life.

But, I'll see it for the hell of it. I have enjoyed the original trio of films and though it depends on my mood if I like the remake of TCM...I'll see the prequel.

The TCM remake was awful.  Your not missing anything.  I'll end up seeing this one just for the hell of it as well.

Yea as much as I hated the remake I will probably be checking this one out.. Simply because if I wait til it hits DVD I will probably never see it. Plus its gonna be October and that is always the right time to watch horror no matter how bad you think its gonna be..

jargenfornow wrote:

Not to overanalyze a trailer, but they make it sound as though the family just took the leap of cannibalism one day.  Is there any word yet on whether it's actually being modeled after Gein's early life?  I didn't see the recent remake, but this one actually looks interesting so far.

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I always thought cannibalism was in their family for generations because of grandpa

Yea thats what I always thought.. But than again were not dealing with the Sawyers that we all know and love.. We're talking about the Hewitts... A completely new family..

Something I heard about this new Leatherface is that they found him in a dumpster.. Now if this is true.. Wouldn't that have happened in 50's? I mean did that stuff even happen back than? Possible but not likely..

Well, the real story went that Ed Gein and his older brother grew up with their mother.  The 2 worked odd jobs around town to support them and their mother from very early ages.  Ed Gein was unhealthy in the way that he loved his mother, and she raised the boys under the impression that girls are evil whores, all of them.  A fire broke out once in the woods behind their home, and the fire department arrived to find that Ed's older brother had been caught in it and died.  They also found trauma indications on his head, which suggested that Ed, as a very young child, murdered his own brother.  The assumption is that his brother wasn't quite as submissive to the shit that their mother would tell them and that Ed didn't want to be bad for not agreeing with her.

Then, he started digging people up.

The whole notiont of the "family" was fake to begin with, but it was excellent for the purpose of the movie.  That's why I'm so curious to see how they rewrite the origin.  If done well, this movie could really be creepy as hell, so I've got my fingers crossed.

It's really hard to compare The Texas Chainsaw Massacre to Ed Gein's life.  I mean if you really read about it, you'll see that there almost completely different.

"Deranged" with Roberts Blossom was closer to the true story of Ed Gein, I think, except Ed Gein never really dug up his mother. He dug up other bodies to have sitting around in his house, and also used their bones and skin for lamps etc. and all that kind of wierdness.

Yea Deranged is a trip.. I don't really know why the movie has such a cult following because its not particularly good. That movie is really close to Ed Geins real life..

Your right Goon, it's not really that good and that stupid narrator that comes on every now and then doesn't help.
But me had to have it so I bought the version with the brain scooping in it. It looks like it was off a vhs tape or it was found under a desk after years and years cause you can really see the difference in quality in that scene.

I have the one that was double packed with Motel Hell.. I like Motel Hell and thats the main reason I got it.. Deranged was just a bonus I guess.. If you want to call it that.. I thought it was pretty wicked when he had those two heads in his room and the kids were trying to get in..

haha Motel Hell is a classic, I always dig it out for a late night watch at least once a year. As far as Deranged i've never seen it, All my frirnds say its not worth shit, But they are not hard core horror fans like myself & you guys, So maybe i should check it out.

Oh shit...I just watched the clips at MSN...this really does look pretty promising.  I love hearing the 'photo' noise in the 2nd clip.  Every time I see the original, that sound unsettles me a bit.  It's perfect.

Yea they owe that noise to the original.. I always loved the opening when the camera flashes and you see rotting corpses.. Great effect..

I havent seen the remake for quite some time due to personal interests, but for some reason I remember it having the same scene with that camera flashing showing the rotting corpses, am I correct?  An attempt to recreate a very creepy effect in the original masterpiece.

i gotta tell you i really loved the remake. Super creepy!

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I havent seen the remake for quite some time due to personal interests, but for some reason I remember it having the same scene with that camera flashing showing the rotting corpses, am I correct?  An attempt to recreate a very creepy effect in the original masterpiece.

Same here I haven't seen the remake probably since I watched it in the theatre.. I mean it just pissed me off so much I can't bring myself to watch it again.. There was just so much they did in that movie that underminded what made the original so good.. It just had that Hollywood shine.. You weren't drawn into it and while Jessica Biel is damn sexy I think that ruined movie.

Haha, I think the best part of the remake was the fact that Jessica Biel was wearing a white shirt throughout the whole movie, if you catch my drift.  *wink wink*

Yea definetly the high point of the entire film..

Is anybody else a little turned off that they are saying inspired by true events in the promotional stuff for this movie? I mean nothing in Beginning is going to be based of true events.. TCM is VERY loosely based off of Ed Gein.. But Beginning has no basis whatsoever to be based off of him..

Yeah, it bothered me that the remake was usin' a cheap gimmick like that.  Although the original was brilliant and still remains way high up there in my favorite films, its very very loosely based off of Ed Gein's life.  I think they should just give it up and try to promote the film with a badass trailer.

Indeed, but its a way to hopefully get more cash.

Still I know many folks who believe TCM really happened, as in a group of kids were chainsawed by some madman in Texas.  I try to tell them and even show them stuff on the web that TCM is based loosly off Gein, but....ignorant folks who believe if its based off a true story....most of it must be true.  And these are the same folks who though King Kong, The Fog, Hills Have Eyes, TCM, etc were original films.  Bah...