Topic: The Full Grindhouse Experience on DVD?

It was a complete shock and let down when Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino's Grindhouse fell flat at the box office. Most fans loved the films and even more so the trailers. When the films came to DVD they were put out seperately and did not ev...

Read More : The Full Grindhouse Experience on DVD?

Re: The Full Grindhouse Experience on DVD?

Sure i'll buy this!!!! They could put some promo pics and stuffs in a huge DVD box set! That would be great even if it's pretty expensive!!

I loved this experience, I was one of the few people that actually got out to my theater to see this whole thing. Amazing, fucking amazing.

Saw it twice in theaters and REFUSED to buy the DVDs seperately. I downloaded it one time and burned it, but the quality just wasn't that great.
I will buy this day 1. I can't wait! big_smile:D

i guess for me it depends what else besides the trailers that they're going to put with it and the price

its about damn time

This is cool but I already bought the Japanese 6 DVD set which is fucking awesome if you really like this movie. It has the full Grindhouse theatrical cut with Planet Terror & Death Proof plus the Fake Trailers...
and seperate Death Proof (Extended), Planet Terror (Extended) plus tons of extras.

Grindhouse was the best movie theatre experience I ever had. I never understood why people complained that it was too long and then they went to go see that terrible Avatar movie which was almost the same length. And Avatar was one movie and Grindhouse was 2 movies with some kickass fake trailers.

As much as I hoped this would finally get released, its kind of like we all probably own both films already and can watch the trailers online anytime its like almost not worth the money, except for the commentaries which I would be interested in. Lookin forward to it smile

Keeping in mind, that I only viewed the DVD versions of these movies, I wasn't shocked that these movies failed.  Frankly, they were self-indulgent, overly-indulgent homages to movies that were bad in the first place.  Movies that were inexpertly made.  Movies that were exploitative (I'm not saying that's a bad thing).  Movies, that in the end would only attract true cinephiles and the curious.  I am more shocked that the Weinsteins gave them the green light. 

Perhaps the experience would have been better in the theater, but you couldn't get me to go to a theater on a bet.  I much prefer my home theater system.  I much prefer purchasing snacks without having to sell internal organs or my first born.  I much prefer silence.  I much prefer teflon, non-stick floors, unless of course I'm the one making them sticky. 

Death Proof was saved somewhat by the performances, though it was lengthy and meandering, and Planet Terror was saved by the subject matter.

I caught the trailers, and I agree with the person who said they were most likely the best part of the experience.

I probably won't be purchasing this set, despite the commentaries which are tempting, because I hate the double dip.  And these movies, to me aren't worth the extra expense.

No, I wasn't shocked at all.  I'm a fan of movies and I hated the concept.  It makes sense to me that the average movie goer stayed away in droves.

Both movies were too well made to be a proper homage anyway.

They will really have to pull out some good extras and still offer it at a decent price. Having all the trailers (including Hobo WIth A Shotgun, hopefully) and the theatrical cut will be quite a lure for a double dip though. I had a really good time at Grindhouse when I saw it in the theater and having the "Ultimate Edition" might be too much of a temptation to resist. I am getting a bit sick of the Weinstein's money grubbing ways though.

I loved going to see Grindhouse in theaters and thought it was a rip off to split the films.  I was amazed how poorly received it was, but I guess it only hits a niche audience. But I am in that niche.

Async wrote:

I loved going to see Grindhouse in theaters and thought it was a rip off to split the films.  I was amazed how poorly received it was, but I guess it only hits a niche audience. But I am in that niche.

I mean no offense, Async, but I'm amazed that you are amazed.  Grindhouse is about as niche as it gets.  Grindhouse was championed in internet circles, but the internet has yet to spell success for a picture.

I think it's time to admit to ourselves that those of us who post on movie message boards are in a definite minority.

I missed seeing it in theaters and refused to rent the movies because they split them up. I've been waiting for a full release with both movies so I can sit and watch the full experience.

they should make it a grindhouse pack 1 (for future ones to be done ) and have the complete package we all want.
also put it on blu ray

This is excellent news, i never saw it at the cinema & am not even sure that it came out like that in the uk. I have not bought the dvd's cause i had my eye on the Japanese box set but it's just to much fucking money so i can't wait for this. smile

I'd buy it if it didnt have Death Proof with it.  What a turd of a film that was.

fuck the fuckin planet terror haters - fuckin shit cxnts wouldnt know a good movie if it fisted them in their gaping dick cheesing arsehole - pissed on the trailers - though the machete faux trailer was sik, has nothing on planet terror. we'll see how the full film goes though

I agree. It's too late to re-kindle any interest - in me at least.

And the experience you speak of can only truly be had with a crowd and on the big screen.

Too bad the only place you can catch a midnight screening is during festivals.

and some rich fux mansion with his own theater - like bill murray

I had given up on this awhile ago. But, who knows, maybe this will get me interested again. I did love the theater experience and having it complete would be pretty cool.

ZOMBlE wrote:

fuck the fuckin planet terror haters - fuckin shit cxnts wouldnt know a good movie if it fisted them in their gaping dick cheesing arsehole - pissed on the trailers - though the machete faux trailer was sik, has nothing on planet terror. we'll see how the full film goes though

See.  It's statements such as this that make it impossible to take you or your opinion seriously.  You can't just disagree with someone, you have to do it in the most patently offensive way possible.

I have the trailers on my computer in HD quality. So I'm straight! lol

Torrents ftw.

ZOMBlE wrote:

Um..........................................................What?

sMart wrote:
ZOMBlE wrote:

See.  It's statements such as this that make it impossible to take you or your opinion seriously.  You can't just disagree with someone, you have to do it in the most patently offensive way possible.

But if he didn't do it his way, he wouldn't be the ZOMBIE we are so use to lol